Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm back and i need help!

• 29-07-2006 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Well after 2 extremely! long weeks my bb has been turned on in my new house. 1 problem though:

I was sent a new modem and set it all up, working fine, problem is it doesnt have ''Lan" output on the back, only has a USB for the pc and one for the line.
    I used to use the lan output to plug my Wireless router into.
    So i have plugged the wireless router straight into the pc now via its Lan port, but how do i get it to broadcast the net connection?
    If i go into Network Connections i see both connections.
    Wanna get this working asap, there is much CSS to be played :D, so glad its raining today.

Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Are you sure there is no ethernet connection on the back of the modem? Mabye behind a sticker? That needs to connect to the routers Wan port and then the router to the pc by the normal Lan ports. Dhcp should be enabled by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Nope, only has 2 connections, it connects to the pc via the USB cable.

What Isp is this?

Tiscali, this is the link to the modem they sent:

http://www.sagem.com/index.php?id=182&L=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

What make of modem and wireless router do you have?

I'm a little confused by the setup explanation. Is your router communicating wirelessly with the modem? Or do you have the BB connector plugged into the wireless router now, and aren't using the modem at all?

• Advertisement

Ahh right, I thought so. You have 2 options.

The first is to get a better ADSL Modem and then hook it into your router giving you a internal network.

The second is to hook it up by Usb to a host computer, enable Internet sharing in the windows connection wizard, and use the routers switch to allow the other pcs to use the connection as well through the Lan. This is not an ideal way to do it. The host pc will always need to be on. And it will be slower for all other pc's.

My dad had 5 new Zyxel routers sitting in the car :D, just plugged one in and im away.
    Cheers for the help.

Advertisement