Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncer On Brog

Options
  • 29-07-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Anyone have any trouble with a certain bouncer on The Brog, He small with big attitude problem, I and others have been turned away for no reason by him, We recently asked to see the manager on the door but he put his head down and ignored us. Is going to the manager in the day only option? Worth the hassle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Describe him in more detail... I think I know the guy you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

5'8-5'9 Always on door, Black hair, Absoulute idiot, turns people away on a whim, leaves people jump queue if there is one, refuses to give a reason if you are not being left in, like's to turn away 1 from a group, Personal experience, Friends and strangers, seen it all happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Yeah that guy can be a bit of a ballbag the odd time alright. Having said that he has always let me in after he has passed a few comments on my current state of soberness and asked a few questions regarding the prior drinking establishment I was in.... wanker tbh.

Not that I go into the brog all that much now, sure its open till 2.00am, sure it serves alcohol, and plays "alternative" music but... it smells, it gets wayyyyy too packed and the pints....dear god, how can they serve drink that tastes so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

was in there about 2 monthes ago. some guys sitting next to me (the place was packed so had to share a table) started ballhopping some girl, who starts ranting about how she knows the bouncers. watched with mild curiosity and thought nothing more of it until 5 mins later said bollix arrived over asking to have a quiet word with me. He turned around and accussed me of harrassing said girl all night, when I told him it was a misunderstanding and asked him to go talk to her i promptly had my arm twisted around my back (sore for two days after) and was horsed out the door. Never in my life so angry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

something similar happened to me in Cubin's.
    was dancing away like you do :rolleyes: when i went to take a drink from my heineken bottle, just a sip, i was grabbed from behind by a 'lady' bouncer, two other bouncers jumped in ,taken be surprised i was literally thrown out the door and had it slammed behind me. needless to say i was not best pleased. i have never been so angry in my life. understandably i start beating the door down. broke my the metacarpal in my right hand (took two months to heal) the guards were called. i wasn't even drunk.
    on a side note, i bought an expensive leather jacket in the states the summer before (well, not too expensive considering echange rate etc):cool:
    but the paranoid side of it is maybe they saw me coming in with the jacket, look for a way to throw me out and shall we say 'purloin' said jacket...anyway i got it back. effin b@stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

was in there about 2 monthes ago. some guys sitting next to me (the place was packed so had to share a table) started ballhopping some girl, who starts ranting about how she knows the bouncers. watched with mild curiosity and thought nothing more of it until 5 mins later said bollix arrived over asking to have a quiet word with me. He turned around and accussed me of harrassing said girl all night, when I told him it was a misunderstanding and asked him to go talk to her i promptly had my arm twisted around my back (sore for two days after) and was horsed out the door. Never in my life so angry

Typical out of him, he used chat to us outside, never an ounce of trouble from us or him then all of a sudden the hassle started, We met him in Freakscene one night so at the bar we were messing around saying Wen can we come back in , he said next week lads I have no trouble with ye, guess what happened the next week! I rang the pub from outside one night but couldnt get an answer, as he refused to get the manager, just given up at this stage, I stroll in anywhere else in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

ya he can be a bit of a gom alright. Gwan the Tikki Loungue.... bouncers smouncers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Heh, one of the bouncers once asked me were myself and my gf related or were we going out because we looked really alike. I was holding her hand at the time.

Never had any trouble with that small guy. I know the guy but being honest I get in the door regardless of what state I'm in because everyone knows me and who I live with. Perhaps it was just a case of little man syndrome. the Brog isnt know for anything other than a bit of fun so I wouldnt expect the bouncers (who are basically just overweight ex rugby players (literally)) to be too professional.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Well was going into the Brog last night after the match... sober. I'd had 2 pints ( really ) over a 90min period. grand job queing away anyway and this fella at the door. Asks me who I'm with. I tell him my buddie's are inside, he says " Nah not tonight boy ( regular bouncer ****e),"

Right.... go to get some food. Take a walk aropund and come back. he's still at the door. He says no again. I ask him why, he's just let two people in who were obviously drunk. He says I'm too drunk. I ask him again if he thought the people who he left in were sober ( I was trying to keep cool ). He didn't answer this so I basically just said he's a small man with a big attitude problem. he didn't like this at all at all so he was like " He said get out of here now or he was going to do something about it " I started laughing because I'm about his size so I said he could try what he wants on me.

Then I stepped aside so other people could get in. Then after another while of asking him politely if he could justify not leaving me in he said " I'll get the alw now and they'll sort you out," I said do get them..... they'd probably leave me in. After all this he admitted that he didn't think I was drunk but he wasn't leaving me in again, ever! Grand job so I said I'll try every time he's on the door just to piss him off :). Now I work in a bar so I'd be the first to admit that working nights like the Leaving Cert is a horrible experience. but for me at least, when someone comes along that's blood sober they stand out more i.e. Ya he's not twisted like the rest of them anyway. There was a few langers LC'ers behind me aswell. I was angry at the time but now I'm laughing about it. At least I know the other bouncer so getting in there isn't a problem once he's on. I was reduced to Slow Teddies but at least that bouncer was far better to talk to. I told him what happened and he said that there's a lot of ****y bouncers out there alright.

Anyone else any tales from last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wilson3

Just wondering if anyone remembers a female bouncer from the brog about two years ago the one with big assets. Was one of the finest things ive seen in there? Where's she gone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement