Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL still charging for Film4

Options
  • 29-07-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

As a NTL user, I subscribed to Film4 for the non mainstream movies, I noticed last night they now have adverts breaking up their movies. a real pain

I went to Film4 website and it has been free to air since June this year. Yet NTL are still charging for it.

Another Rip off!
    :mad:

Munster Maverick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

yeah i also found out that they charge 50 euro to reconnect your channels . this is done over the phone, they come on straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 21 darragh.delany

NTL Digital are now carrying FilmFour free, was blocked until about 10 days ago but is coming up unblocked now.

DjD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

In cases like this it is always a good idea to call and tell these people that you are downgrading your subscription as a result. Call at the beginning of a month as the reps have more leeway to offer you something in return for keeping your subscription at the same level.

OK, now they are providing Film4 for free as they should but had you phoned and threatened to downgrade they may have offered you free Film4 for good and free movies for 3 months.

Always worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I rang Chorus (now owned by NTL AFAIK), and they are not offering Film Four for free. Boo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

r3nu4l wrote:
    had you phoned and threatened to downgrade they may have offered you free Film4 for good and free movies for 3 months.

Why would they do that? It went freeview on _satellite_ in June, and on Cable about 2 weeks ago. What can NTL do about that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

NTL Ireland an Chorus were both purchased by a company called UPC who are in the process of merging the two cable companies into a single entity that will be branded as UPC once they've done some upgrading and rolling out of service.

I assume they don't want to tarnish their name with some of the poor quality service offered by Chorus MMDS in particular.

NTL Ireland has had absolutely nothing to do with NTL UK for quite a while now. It's only operating under the NTL brand as a temporary measure pending their relaunch.

Advertisement