Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6101

• 29-07-2006 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one.
    Anytone have any personal experience of using one???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

have one about a year, no problems yet
    dropped about 50 times too still working perfectly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's expensive and lacks features for a phone in its price range but is an extremely easy phone to use. SO it depends if thats important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Thanks for the help. Well i'm gettin mine from someone i no on holidays in China. Its €139 but i wont be gettin any free credit.

I thought there were alot of features:
    camera with vid record
    fm radio
    infared
    loudspeaker.

It looks pretty nice also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To be honest, I'd go for the 6103 instead. I've seen a good few 6101s that have problems with hinges. It's a good phone. The 6103 is just better.

Also another point. The Meteor 6101 is only a tenner extra and it'll be a) covered by warranty in Europe and b) it'll come with 60 credit if you're not on Meteor already and 70 if you are. 6103 is 20euro extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Hey,

I dont want to dampen the spirits of all ye 6101 lovers out there but i dont agree with any of the posts here,

Yes the Nokia 6101 is a good phone but really.....just not worth it..... the flip phones from nokia just arent built well.....having worked in a nokia repair centre the 6101 was the most popular phone in....the main problem was the covers would break very easy....and technically this is not covered by warranty because it breaks due to customer abuse and the warranty is only a technical warranty....eg. the speaker stops working etc. although you will find most shops will cover this under warranty because the problem is so common...and the 6103 is built in the very same way.....so i envisage the same problems....the 6103 is just a 6101 with fancy covers.

Hope this helps,

Colm

6103 feels a lot sturdier than the 6101. Been selling it for 3 months now, and no problems, bar some software issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

6101 would be great if it were 40 quid cheaper. As it is, its way overpriced for a really basic phone. Meteors current selection of phones regarding great features in ratio to price is pretty poor. Vodafone have that excellent sharp phone for 99E, can't remember the model name but its 3x the phone that the 6101 is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sonnyboy

Sharp 550sh Havok :D Got one myself, they are great

Advertisement