Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eircom experiance

• 29-07-2006 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Ok Here we go, My parents bought a house down in carlow 2 months before college ended, so i decided to get broadband as there was a line there, i rang up eircom to check if i coulf get broadband and they said they'd check, a few mins later, they said not right now but try again in 2 or 3 weeks time. I rang back in 3 weeks and they said i could get it, and asked me would i like to sign up, seeing as we were nearly finished college i said no but later. Just before college i recieved a bill for something like 60 euro, this is strange as i never signed any contracts or made any calls, so i thought it must be a mistake and ignored it. i was back in carlow recently and have had many letters from them, i now apparently owe them 140 euro :eek: i obviously am against paying this but i do want to get another phone line installed soon and to switch over to BT broadband on both, will eircom allow this seeing as i "owe them money" thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Hi,

My advice of Eircom, based upon my dealings with them, is as follows:

1) Keep an exact diary of every interaction you have with them, as there may be many

2) Attempt to go through their switchboard to sort it out, and note down the names of people you speak to, with times, etc

3) Escalate it to ComReg if they don't deal with it properly.

4) You may need to spend 20+ hours to sort this out, so if time is a premium more than your principles it may be better value to pay it.

5) Tell everyone of your experience with Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

turbot wrote:
    Hi,

My advice of Eircom, based upon my dealings with them, is as follows:

1) Keep an exact diary of every interaction you have with them, as there may be many

2) Attempt to go through their switchboard to sort it out, and note down the names of people you speak to, with times, etc

3) Escalate it to ComReg if they don't deal with it properly.

4) You may need to spend 20+ hours to sort this out, so if time is a premium more than your principles it may be better value to pay it.

5) Tell everyone of your experience with Eircom

And if i was to contact BT and not say anyting to Eircom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hang on a second.. whats the bill for? Are you actually a customer? You said you have a line so you obviously are at least a customer paying line rental/phone... so is the bill for broadband which you never ordered? Never got a welcome pack and never in fact connected to???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Why did you ignore it. Ring them up and ask them what the bill is for. :confused:

Saruman wrote:
    Hang on a second.. whats the bill for? Are you actually a customer? You said you have a line so you obviously are at least a customer paying line rental/phone... so is the bill for broadband which you never ordered? Never got a welcome pack and never in fact connected to???

Am i a customer? they're sending me bills so i think so, i never signed up for anything though or gave bank details, the sent me a letter asking me to do this but i didnt want to at the time so i ignored it, a few weeks later i got a bill for reconection of the line and line rental :confused: all i asked em was was i eligible for broad band

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Is it possible the conversation went like this:

You:Can I get broadband here?

Eircom: We cant check until you have a line with us.

You: Cool, I'll check when that happens so.

Eircom: Ok, bye now (orders new line for you so you can check for bb availability)

They SHOULD have a log of that call which might help solve where the misunderstanding was.

That, or you got in touch with some commission driven ****head from sales who ordered you a line because he gets money for it.

hmmm something like that may have happened i cant remember, ill give BT a ring later and see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

you say you have a line in you house, thats probably what the bill is for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why are you ringing BT? Its bad enough that you made a complete hash out of your contacts with eircom and now you want to involve another company inthis mess? (I never thought Id have sympathy for esatbt!!!:rolleyes: ) your priority should be to sort out things with Eircom.

You say that Eircom are sending you bills yet you claim you never ordered anything from them - how did they get your name then?

Also you say in your first post that you want to get a second line in and want broadband on both????

Your first post is completely muddled timewise and you have acted completely irresponsibly in ingorinig loads of letters from Eircom (irrespective of how right or wrong they are in this case) it was up to you to contact them in a timely fashion and sort this out once and for all.

i have not got a clue what you expect boards users to tell you on this one?? and as for this .........
    And if i was to contact BT and not say anyting to Eircom?

Advertisement