Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signage

• 29-07-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Im looking to purchase PVC signage for road side use. WHen I say PVC I mean the plastic boards alot of signs are made of.

Have a price from a local company, for a 3ft x 2ft sign with black text on white background, it will cost 35 eur. Is this reasonable? Anyone know of any companies on line or bricks and mortar that might do better?

I know Im not likely to get much cheaper but I plan on buying a few and want to make sure Im not over paying.

Also not sure if this is the right forum, mods feel free to move.

Cheers

Jumpa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Jumpa,

Sounds fairly good.....

Do you need planning permission of some sort to erect such a sign?

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 okellyc

The PVC (also known as corri-board) arrives in 8ft x 4ft sheets. If you are looking to get a fair amount of them, change from 3ft to 32 inches (as opposed to 36") and that way you'll get 6 signs per 8x4 sheet. You've been quoted for vinyl letters on white corri, but nowadays you can print full colour direct onto the board for no extra cost. A full 8x4 sheet, cut to your sizes would cost c. €180, i.e. €30 per sign for far more impressive full colour signs.

But as a one-off, his €35 quote is bang on, cheap if anything... lot of labour sticking those vinyl letters on the board, believe me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers guys,

Sorry about the delay, completely forgot about this post. Never bought anything like this before so just wanted to make sure I wasnt been had.

As for planning permission, Im not sure if I need it? It wont be up on a permanent basis, few days here and there and probably different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Consultant

Usually for this type of advertising you should obtain a permit from local municipality institutions.

Advertisement