Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hope master cylinder cap query

Options
  • 29-07-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Well.
    Just checking over my bike today and i found a tiny hole near the top of the master cylinder on my hope mini.When you pull the brake a tiny bit of fluid comes out, i mean like 1 or 2 drops.It dosent affect the performance of the brake.So should i buy a new master cylinder cap or just put some tape over the hole and keep riding.
    Also is crc the cheapest place to get the caps.Just wondering because there £7 on there.
    Thanks
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

On further inspection there seems to be a similar small square hole on the other cylinder aswel but no fluid is coming out of it.Anyone any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

Just looked at mine, no holes. I'd suggest at least replacing the one with the fluid leaking. Break failure is not very pleasant.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ye man replace it and bleed the brakes after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

I was thinking of just getting new bolts and tightening them as much as i can.
    Anyone know where you can get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

you can order them from hope, i know halfords can get em but you will be waiting a good 2 weeks for them to arrive, a shop like cyclewys or cyclogical should have some lying around the shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Cyclinders? brake fluid? Jayz lads they're nearly motorbikes ye're riding. Would ye not get a proper road bike? much simpler to maintain... :D

Advertisement