Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin....

Options
  • 29-07-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Howdi pilgrims,
    I have an interview next week for a job on Fitzwilliam Street, which i beleive is in the City Center?

If i get the job i'll moving from Cork to Dublin. Earning 25k, graduate positon.

I'll be looking to move into a decent enough gaff near work. I don't have a clue about Luas Lines or the Dart. I've only been up in Dublin twice before.

So what are my options for accomadation in Dublin?
    Any recommendations for decent Letters too?

The last place apartment i had was in Waterford, paying 325 each for a lux. two bedroom apartment overlooking the quays.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How much rent are you budgeting for...?if we know this we will be able to help you out a bit more.Fitzwilliam Street is in the South Inner City and is on the Dart line and close to the Luas Sandyford line so you will have a wide choice when looking for your accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Hi Dub13, i'm not sure of the prices that are being charged up in Dublin but i was paying 80euro pw in W'ford for a room in a two bedroom city center apartment.

I suppose in Dublin it'll be more expensive but i wouldn't want to go over a 100 a week really.

Distance wise....i wouldn't want to commute for more than 45minutes to work if thats possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ok, well first off...you should probably know where the interview is in the city.

Map Of City Centre (Right click on map to zoom)

^ Fitzwilliam street is on the south of the liffey on fitzwilliam square (east of trinity colleg, south east of merrion square).

This will give you an idea of prices of apartments in the city centre. (1 bed approx €500-€700 a month depending on condition and location.)

But on 25k I would suggest a house share in surrounding areas. For about €350-€400 a month you can get a decent house with your own room. Try here.

The best location for someone working around town would be (imo) Dublin 1,2,3,4 and 6.

Btw, the Dart covers the entire east coast of the city along the strands and goes through town along the way.

Route Here
    The green line luas covers the centeral south of the city from Stephens green, through places like Ranalagh, Rathmines, Milltown, Dundrum and Sandyford.

The luas red line covers the north/south central city and the south west.

Routes Here.

If you could find accomodation along here, it's very handy, reliable and quick.

Best of luck :)

Thanks for all the info, that'll come in handy :)

If you are looking for a house share I would recommend looking around Killester,Clontarf and Raheny.They are on the Dart line and nice places but not as expensive as areas on the south side.

• Advertisement

i got the job so i'll need to practice calling people "bud" and people "punters"
    :)

i got the job so i'll need to practice calling people "bud" and people "punters"
    :)

Congrats,have you looked into any areas yet...?

cheers dub13,

no not yet, i'll up all next week though. Job starts on the 14th so i have a bit of luck really in the sense that i can avoid a bit of a rush for accomadation from students...

what newspapers are best to check out for lettings? and what websites besides from daft?

The Evening Herald is a good paper for lettings.Also check out MyHome.ie

I had a quick look at myhome.ie for you,This share could be a good start.Beaumont is a nice area not to far from the city with a very good bus connection's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

daft.ie

thanks for all the help lads

Advertisement