Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scvhost.exe

Options
  • 29-07-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

This may not belong here but i would like to know how many times scvhost.exe should be running on taskmanager because on one of my older machines it is running 7 times which i am sure is not supposed to happen can anyone tell me whether im right and what can be done about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

depends on the PC and whats running on it... no way to possibly answer that question.

That is assuming you made a typo!! If you mean sVChost.exe

If you spell it as it appears sCVhost.exe then its a virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's fine (assuming the incorrect typing). svchost.exe is a host process used by windows to run services that are in the form of DLL's. The various different versions will be for different services Windows is running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kuz_3040

It is Svchost.exe sorry about the typo. The problem is that the process is running 3 times in the task manager for the system its running twice for the local service and 2 for network service which has been disabled surely if it was running it DLL's it would only itself once in each area. They actually run when the machine is not running anything in the background they are still running

Advertisement