Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne Proposed Move

• 29-07-2006 6:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just read an article in this weeks Northside people and apparently Shels are in talks about a permanent move out to Morton Stadium.Is this a runner or just another in a long list of "proposed moves"...?

Oilly Byrne also said they have other options,any rumor's doing the rounds about who they are talking to...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Rumour has it they could be in Santry in the next couple of weeks but more likely in a redeveloped Morton in 1-2 years but the only media reports say negotiations are in early stages. Sharing with Rovers in Tallaght would appear to be the only other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its their only option, theres a good few threads here about it but to summarise:
    • Shels alledgley cant stay in Tolka for the season for financial reasons, seemingly 28th of August will the last game ever there :(.
    • Shels have used a good chunk of the sale of Tolka in running the club over the years.
    • Shels will pocket a rumoured estimated 7 million when they finally leave tolka and its rezoned (how much is already gone is unknown or if thats whats left after the pre payments)

Morton is a hole of a place, easier to get too oddly than Tolka but not ready or licence compliant for El football (needs floodlights and a few other things) So that leaves Rovers and Shels without a ground.

Shels in talks with Fingal CC and Clonliffe Harriers about the ground a while now.

I hated Morton when Rovers were there now the best team in the league are forced to use it, gonna miss Tolka :(

Wheres the FAI Cup final gonna be if they do leave in August?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaC wrote:
    I hated Morton when Rovers were there now the best team in the league are forced to use it, gonna miss Tolka :(

Do I see a compliment?! :eek: :) Aye, t'was announced a while ago that we're looking at it. I reckon we might be there for the start of next season, don't buy into this 28th August thing, seemed to be a rumour started by a Bohs fan on foot.ie.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Bohs fan on foot.ie.

Started at your members meeting when the members were told that. I know who that Bohs guy is and check all his previous posts he is always spot on ;)

kdjac

To be honest I haven't heard anything about it other than that thread, and I take most things on Foot.ie with more than a pinch of salt. Only time will tell I guess :( I hate worrying!

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Only time will tell I guess :( I hate worrying!

Indeed it does.....Will we be buying Apartments in Richmond or will our new mysterious benfactor hold ture to his world....him being a property developer has me pooping :(

We bags Talla!!!!!!!!

kdjac

Feck off, its ours! :D Actually, no, take it.

Bags on Herbert Park! :)

€220 a year? How can we lose?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Thats terrible. Leaving Ireland's best "stadium" for a rented pitch. I made my views very clear on here before with regard to the eejits that run Shels and this proves it. You can eventually see them go out of existance altogether.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

It would cost a few bob to bring Morton to UEFA standard.

Dub13 wrote:
    It would cost a few bob to bring Morton to UEFA standard.

Shels will have a few bob and also the backing of Fingal CC, but using the CC means add 4 years onto painting the pitch as im sure someone will object to the colour scheme.

kdjac

Advertisement