Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone's Fair Usage Policy abit worrying?

• 29-07-2006 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I read about it somewhere and i'm abit worried if i go over the limit that i will get a huge bill at the end of the month... can anyone tell me what the limit is and what will happen if i go over it? Or am i worrying about nothing?

I'm using Vodafone Data Unlimitted by the way...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm a O2 bod so Im going on what I've heard through the grapevine so pinch of salt

As far as I know they will charge 1.75 per meg beyond the first 4 gigs

the use of VOIP is not allowed and will be charged

Give 1907 a buzz, they'll answer you straight up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Fair Usage implies throttling if they don't like you. This is not a 4GB for €50 a month service, it's an unlimited service.

The fair usage policy is in the contract. "unlimited" it isn't. The wonderful world of mobiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Its kind of false advertising really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

every ISP has one.. Well nearly all of them.

• Advertisement

They do. O2 also has an "unlimited" which is capped at 2 gigs. I've actually asked how they can advertise that but never get a straight answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

SDooM wrote:
    The fair usage policy is in the contract. "unlimited" it isn't. The wonderful world of mobiles.

So... does the contract say that you will be charged whatever it is that you claimed above? If not, then you're not going to be charged. I repeat, Fair Usage means that they will throttle you. That's how all ISP's with a Fair Usage policy operate. A service that is potentially throttled is unlimited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Vodafone may contact the Customer to advise that usage exceeds its fair use policy. If the excessive usage continues after receipt of a request to desist from or alter the nature of such usage, Vodafone reserves the right to charge the Customer for the excessive element of the usage at the standard rate or to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict use of the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff or to withdraw access to the Vodafone Unlimited Data Tariff.
    Think that answers your question

Advertisement