Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever died in your dreams / nightmares?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Nobody has ever died in their dreams...if they did they would be dead now..

Many people have dreamed of falling of a cliff...but did you ever hit the ground? No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A few days ago I had one where someone went to hit me with a brick to the head and it gave me such a shock (like an electric shock kind of) that it almost hurt when I woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

[nicK] wrote:
    i've read that it's impossible to die in your dreams..
    you will always awake before the actual death occurs..
    any truth in this?

I have. Just surrounded by total blackness, then after a while I woke up. I think it was the dream I had when I was a kid about snakes taking over a plane...I mean...my school, and I was about to defeat the snake king, buut he bit me on the top of the head :mad:

Or the one with the nerve gas in the Counterstrike type scenario against the germans.

Also the impending nuclear war, where I refused to fight and the general shot me a few times in the stomach, but then it became lucid and I kicked his ass with my super strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've only have had one of these dreams, it was last year. The area where I live was invaded by aliens, and everyone was being turned into slaves. The aliens all had ray-guns, and I was on a chain gang. One of the aliens looked at me, and I did the peace symbol with my hand and they shot me.

At the time, I was terrified, now it's just funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

did the zombie one. Nothing like a good terror feeling and blasting zombies in the brain. Got bitten and had to shoot myself. That was an odd , odd feeling. Preparing to shoot oneself in the noggin.
    Jboyle4eva wrote:
    One of the aliens looked at me, and I did the peace symbol with my hand and they shot me.
    Thats Alien for your mothers a ****ing skank.... bad move in that situation, its was all your fault imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Posted by Ruu:
    A number of times but I always wake up before the incident that causes my death actually happens.

Same here. I feel the pain, know I am fading away, but then awaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Had a really vivid shooting one not so long ago. i was in the town bus depot walking down and these east European mean were having an argument. One of them draws a gun and shoots someone, not the man he was having an arguement. At this point I am a few feet away from them, but near the first of the two doors it takes to exit. I walk on with my head down, and when I get past the first door I start to run, I hear the bang and the glass shatters, but I continue running. i make it through the second door (the building is the exact same one in town, thats why i picture it so well.) I am running to the left towards the steps away and i feel the sharp pain in my back. All i can feel is pain and tremendous heat, I vow to keep running but I can feel myself getting week, after a step I simply fall away and hit the ground. I think I died.

Ps after reading this thread I hope I have a really cool dream tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Bards

[nicK] wrote:
    i've read that it's impossible to die in your dreams..
    you will always awake before the actual death occurs..
    any truth in this?

How about this this, when your parents or a friend says something like the following "Old uncle Joey past away in his sleep last night"

For all we know he might have died in his dreams... then again might be due to illness or old age... but you just never know;)

Great Thread

Advertisement