Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Talks Back-Red Fm

Options
  • 29-07-2006 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Is the show ringing the same people to come on about subjects ala 96fm
    I listen to it a fair bit and it seems to be

John- Always on about any subject buit mainly skateboarders and city council

Sonya- I think there's two Sonya's they ring on every subject

Tom- My fave of all time, the country biker, talks in riddles, and turns every topic into his bike gang

Dave- He rings in on all matters relating to Footie

The 'Car Enthuiast' crowd- Regular callers

and the 'Deccie' gy who Im convinced is paid to ring in and just cause trouble with outlandish comments on women prompting the 'sonya's' to ring in.

Do any regular listeners notice this?, the last 6 months it seems to be this circle non stop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I rarely listen to it, but there's always the same pub bore rattling on, probably the john guy you mentioned, he was also on liveline a couple of times in the last week ... what a sad man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

and Twice on Prendeville in the last 2 weeks, I read on a another board that he rings every talk show in the land! Very Very sad. but if anyone has any inside info on the regular callers list Id love to know! Is there a incentment for them to ring or what? The show seems to be totally staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

perhaps its not the radio stations fault. all they're doing is catering for an audience.. it could be that the people that ring in to the show all the time have nothing better to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

my mate texted in a few times and they rang him to ask him would he talk on the show.seems to me they have very little input by the so called general public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

and Twice on Prendeville in the last 2 weeks, I read on a another board that he rings every talk show in the land! Very Very sad. but if anyone has any inside info on the regular callers list Id love to know! Is there a incentment for them to ring or what? The show seems to be totally staged.

There no "incentment", these people ring as they have nothing better to do but complain. They ring and txt, if the researchers feel they might have a valid point and a topic that could be discussed, then they would ask them to go on air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

'incentive'...sorry just had to be said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

and the 'Deccie' gy who Im convinced is paid to ring in and just cause trouble with outlandish comments on women prompting the 'sonya's' to ring in.

Ahh yes Deccie, many's the midnight laugh was had :) I remember Sonya too. Something along the lines of " The man is a disgrace! " There's always one young guy aswell that just says what he wants and dosen't give a **** " The fat ones Vic, walking round town with their bellies hanging out of their tops, I wouldn't do um like.... well I would in a hotel room, just not around the streets like," Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

I was on bus this morning, 96 fm was on and good ol John was on with Neil, he was after ringing the Israeli embassy but got nowhere with the person and was encourging everyone to ring the embassy to complain.

A friend told me a bit on Red fm, the regular callers are brought in to give an opinion and get others to call in, what they say isnt rigged, but they are drafted in to get things going.

Ya Deccys a legend, loved his prostitute stories and views on big women!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

has anybody even mentioned Neil O'Donaghue?? Maybe it's "John" trying to get on again! believe it or not people actually do ring in, they get 100s of texts etc. went there on work exp a few years ago and the researchers have a tough enough time trust me!

Advertisement