Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you change your phone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I change whenever I feel the new phone will offer me more than the one I have. When 3G came out I bought it within a week of it being in the shops. I have a N70 and 6680 at present and I cant see myself changing those for a while as they are great phones and the newer ones dont really appeal to me .
    Maybe when 4G comes out I will upgrade again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I usually average about 6 months between phones, think the longest I've gone is 12 months -- when I'm not quite ready for an handset I'm encouraging relatives to change their phones so I can have a play with something new :D

Got a 6280 on 3 UK in April, bored of it already lol. Gonna have an N80 on upgrade with 3 IE tomorrow when I get back to Dublin -- it's been sitting at home since last Thursday, the wait is killing me lol

My mum also got an LG Chocolate since the last time I was home so I'll mess around with that over the w/e. Wouldn't mind an LG U400, they're out on 3 UK now, but still ages off my upgrade :(
    I change whenever I feel the new phone will offer me more than the one I have.

I'm kinda the same, though I'd change for a new look over features generally. Like if I've had a candybar for a while, a clamshell or slider is always a nice change, and vice versa! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Whenever it breaks (beyond being able to bodge it back together), gets stolen or lost. Unfortunately I'm on my fourth one this year as a result of the latter happenin too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

NiSmO wrote:

Yeah, you could pick up a battery for on eBay for a couple of squid, I got one the other day for a 3530 that my Dad owned for 99p (ended up around €5-8 euro with shipping from somewhere in the Hong Kong, genuine Nokia battery.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Got my first phone as a present in 2001, Panasonic..something. Total brick...lasted 3 years, then a Nokia 3510i, lasted just over a year..now the Nokia 3220, have it over a year... I love the lights...don't wanna part with it, my pictures and everything..but the memory's brutal and reception is screwed, so I kinda have to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Whoa, this thread stunned me :) I honestly thought I was bad for changing my phone every 1.5-2 years (whenever I qualify for an upgrade). I currently have a samsung something or other. Nice flippy phone which flips and allows me to put a video of my baby as the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'd usually change mine within a year (whenever I'm due an upgrade) and have done this for the last 5 years or so. But for once I'm quite happy with the phone I've had for almost a year and haven't seen anything else I like the look of so I'll probably won't bother for a few more months at least.

• Advertisement

New phone just came!! woow its cool music player 4gb and wifi!!

How much did ya pay for N91 on eBay, just outta interest :)

Can't wait to get my hands on my N80 later, assuming Cityjet flights aren't delayed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've had quite a few phones in the last few years. I went to Uni in the UK and kept my O2 UK contract, so I normally get 2 upgrades a year.

The phones i've had are;
    Some Motorola Brick
    Motorola Wings 630
    Nokia 6150i
    Nokia 6210
    Nokia 6510
    Nokia 7110
    Nokia 7210
    Motorola V50
    Motorola MPX 200
    Nokia 6230
    Motorola SLVR L7
    Motorola V3x
    Samsung SHG-i300

The UK companies are far more generous with the upgrades, I upgraded in the O2 shop in Belfast last Friday and I got the Samsung for free on one of the lowest O2 Uk tarriffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i normally change my phone every 10 to 12 months when i usually get an upgrade with vodafone
    i usually always get nokia phones because im a bit restricted with my car kit but i also find it very easy to write text messages on nokia phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did everyone have the motorola brick (black with huge text) as their first phone or what? :)

So after a week of use -- I really love the N80, battery life is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting (averaging 3 days with fair usage), and it hasn't crashed once. The slider is much better than my 6280 (still a little side-to-side movement when it's closed, but totally solid when open, cos it clicks into place). The screen resolution is excellent, and the metal front gives it a really polished look.

The LG Chocolate is really nice looking, and is by far the most solid slider I've ever used. Definitely on the more basic side with features (no expandable memory) and the bundled PC software is a bit fiddly at first, but it's very slim, stylish and it really is all about the looks :p

I'm quite tempted by the LG U400 still, only £180/€266 from a few eBay sellers, though I'm gonna wait til I'm back in London, and have a look in-store at one first...assuming the bloody flight takes off on time tomorrow :(

Advertisement