Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Beers?

• 29-07-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Interest check - what people would be up for. Charity Shield was initially suggested, but concerns were raised by fade2black that it would be too Liverpool-centric. Anyway, to determine the level of interest in the various permutations we'll throw up an aul poll.

Please only vote as to what you would actually attend. Multiple choice as some people might be fairly flexible.

Would you attend the soccer beers with the following match? 39 votes

Charity Shield Pool V Chelski (13th August)
    0%
    Germany V Ireland (2nd Sept)
    35%
    Pepe LeFritsSeanehsuper_furryKdjaCLDapperGenttherecklessoneSpace CoyoteRE*AC*TORShaque attack_blank_emc2futuredeathRikandDr Galen 14 votes
    Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    41%
    SteMSpace CoyoteeirebhoyRE*AC*TORKingp35_blank_evad_lhorgarbeitsscheuerj22Jonny Arson[Jackass]emc2LemlinSpider_Baby!wba88deise_boi 16 votes
    Other, please specify...
    23%
    PHBbytecournionisuper_furryRE*AC*TORevad_lhorgBrando_iefuturedeathDr Galen 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've voted CS because I've plans for the international (and I'd imagine a whole heap of the regulars will be travelling or have their won plans) and I haven't a clue what I'll be working for the 22 Oct (there's also a chance Spurs will be playing UEFA Cup that week, and our game against the Bingo Club will be moved to the Sunday, so I'll be travelling if I am free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charity shield on the 13th

boards beers is on the 12th, so might try and do the two of them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

there all bad dates for me,the first and second dates i am on holidays and i will be at the man u v pool game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    I threw in CS and the international game.

I think something planned for October at this stage would

a) lose interest by the time it comes around
    b) people will forget and plan other thing for that day, without realising
    c) it's a Liverpool ManYoo game - tensions are high enough here without actually bringing them to RL, jesus we'd need an ambulance (unless the mods wear mod t-shirts and act as vigilantes all evening).

Now about a venue - KdjaC has already mooted a place, in Inchicore. I'm in Coolock myself, but travel shouldn't be an issue. Where are the majority of people who post on here? I'd assume it's Dublin, seeing as that's the general majority of boards anyway. Would people prefer a more centrally located venue?

I hope this goes ahead - I'd like to put a few faces to names of the people I've been discussing things with for the past couple of years.

/edit: Shouldn't this be stickified for a couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:

I hope this goes ahead - I'd like to put a few faces to names of the people I've been discussing things with for the past couple of years.

Are you starting? Cos i`ll bring the pain.....

Theres room on the raft for 2......

kdjac

• Advertisement

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    KdjaC wrote:
    :confused:

I don't know what that means.

Do we need nametags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My mother said im not allowed to associate with Internet types.

I propose kitty osheas in wellington.

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    I propose kitty osheas in wellington.
    Seconded - a nice place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This place is bad enough after United v Pool, can you imagine a real-life scenario! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    :confused:

I don't know what that means.

Do we need nametags?

Lol nevermind im sure others will get it :)

Just wear your jersey can segregate easier that way. Handy for us :cool:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Am heading over to the United-Liverpool game, and probably the international too. 3 o'clock on a random Saturday afternoon when there's a live game on would be a decent time. Or a Friday night when all / most of the Dublin eL clubs are playing at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

This place is bad enough after United v Pool, can you imagine a real-life scenario! :eek:

I would hope those attending could all be on their best behavior for the day, putting a human face to people here may actually go some way to easing things here at times.

If not it will be survival of the fittest :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KdjaC wrote:
    Are you starting? Cos i`ll bring the pain.....

kdjac

that probably my favourite ad on the radio :) absolutely brilliant :)

My Heart will go on!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    Im up for it anyway and I dont mind what day you have it on. Would prefer if it was on in more central Dublin because im from Dalkey and Inchicore is a fair bit away from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    Have voted for the international date. Am away during the CS and there's no way I'd watch a United/Pool game with you lot! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can I come? haha! I know you all want to meet me so you can see I am the devil of the soccer forum.

First two dates for me are out because Im in Bangkok(Oh yeah Nelly can get into a plane), if you go for those dates I will send my spy(a large pink elephant)

If not should be around for the Utd v Pool game but I think there could be a row at half time when we discuss the 'Pool:D

I take it the beers is gonna be for the German game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Other, please specify...
    i'm on for that....

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    As am I

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Boo-urns!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Manyoo V Pool (22nd Oct)
    Im in for the German game

I can't make the German game, other plans already made. Pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

haha...I can see it now....

"See that fella over there..."

"The good looking one with the Man U jersey?"

"Yeah...that's that muppet fade2black...we should get a few guys together and kick seven red shades of shi te out of him"

"Good idea batman"

"Thanks"

I think people whould get on actually.

Advertisement