Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube - are games still for sale?

Options
  • 29-07-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Don't have one myself, but am looking to buy a game for a present for a mate.
    Went into Game and Virgin today and couldnt find any (forgot to ask staff too..).
    Are games for the Gamecube still available?
    Will save me a trip into town tomrrow.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The GAME near Grafton Street (on the same street as Hodges and Figgis) still has a few going... Killer7 for €30 i think and a few others worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

whiskeyman wrote:
    Don't have one myself, but am looking to buy a game for a present for a mate.
    Went into Game and Virgin today and couldnt find any (forgot to ask staff too..).
    Are games for the Gamecube still available?
    Will save me a trip into town tomrrow.

thanks

As Rhyme says, GAME on Dawson St has new games and a selection of second hand games. You can also pick up most classic GameCube games online for good value, try Play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Cheers lads. Must be a visit there tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gamestop in Santry have a decent selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Still plenty available online - http://www10.cd-wow.com/gamecube_cat.php

I'd imagine prices will plumet once the Wii is released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think books exchange shop ,talbot st sells them, right hand side.st past easons as you go towards connolly station.it sells books and console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

From the price checks I do for IG, only GAME seems to stock any new GC releases. I haven't seen any other brick and mortar store stock them in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

All GameStop stores do them atm. You can get stuff like Super Smash Bros and Pikmin for €5(if you're lucky enough to find them). Killer 7 new is €20 in the sale. And they're all 3 for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

5€ Sweet!! May have to get past my hatred for games stores!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As far as I remember the Gamestop on Henry Street doesn't stock them but the one on liffey street around the corner does. The best selection would be in Santry Gamestop. They do 3 for 2 as well but I may have cleaned them out of the decent stuff last time I was in there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Most of the bricks-and-mortar shops I've seen are charging extortionate prices for GC games now. Even second-hand prices for most things are beyond ridiculous. But hooray for Play.com - picked up Batallion Wars last week for E30!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Most of the bricks-and-mortar shops I've seen are charging extortionate prices for GC games now.
    True, spotted that Lylatwars game for the Gamecube a few days back in HMV... still bloody €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Wow, I knew it was bad, but didn't realise it was that bad! Every shop here (from gamestop to walmart) that sells games stocks GC games... almost as many as XBOX, which in turn has almost as many as XBOX360, but PS2 is still way ahead in terms of shelf space.

That's mad that they don't even stock the games any more!! What a woefully uneducated gaming public Ireland has :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I thought that was going to be the best buy ever when i got it, year and a halfish ago, there havent been any selection since, I wouldnt be suprised if theyve stopped making them.

Advertisement