Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stream johnny cash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Why does everybody have a hard on about J.R all of a sudden?
    Walk The Line was double eged sword.

Cash, is just another fad of cool in the music industry that is going to be miked till everyone is sick to death of him and forgotten again.

i've been a fan on Johnny Cash for years, ever since i heard ''A Boy Named Sue'' on a mixed Cassette.

Sorry for the rant no offence to the op just tired of people who act like they've fans for years and just they know ''Ring of Fire'' they know it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Volvoboy wrote:
    Why does everybody have a hard on about J.R all of a sudden?
    Walk The Line was double eged sword.

Believe it or not, he was quite popular before his death and biographical movie.

For instance the American series of albums, introduced him to an audience unfamiliar with his work (due to their age). Especially his cover of Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt" - and the popular video.

Volvoboy wrote:
    Cash, is just another fad of cool in the music industry that is going to be miked till everyone is sick to death of him and forgotten again.

So this artist you love so much... you'd prefer less people were listening to his music?
    Volvoboy wrote:
    i've been a fan on Johnny Cash for years, ever since i heard ''A Boy Named Sue'' on a mixed Cassette.

*CLAP* *CLAP*
    Volvoboy wrote:
    Sorry for the rant no offence to the op just tired of people who act like they've fans for years and just they know ''Ring of Fire'' they know it all.

The OP was only posting a useful link. He didn't make any claims to "Johnny Cash" being his chosen topic on Mastermind. If the resurgent popularity of Johnny Cash makes your interest in his music somehow lessened - then you need to devote less of your emotional self-worth in your perceived musical taste aristocracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Believe it or not, he was quite popular before his death and biographical movie.

For instance the American series of albums, introduced him to an audience unfamiliar with his work (due to their age). Especially his cover of Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt" - and the popular video.

i'd be talking about people who did not know him pre Walk The Line, i rember one instance when my co-worker asked me what i was listening too
    Hurt, and didn't have a clue who this was listening too, and thought it was crap, now he goes around work singing random lines from Jackson

So this artist you love so much... you'd prefer less people were listening to his music?

As above
    *CLAP* *CLAP*

:confused:
    The OP was only posting a useful link. He didn't make any claims to "Johnny Cash" being his chosen topic on Mastermind

Yes and thats why i didnt talk down to the op, for all i know he/she could of grown up listeng to johnny cash, that is why i posted no offence to the op just for the instence that someone like you would reply as you did, all the good it did.

My Views are not just my own in a recent Hotpress article Cash's own daughter made such points alike my own, so i'm not just pulling these out of my jumper.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

i know what ya mean volvoboy,individualism is dead,it has been for a long time.
    The majority of people need the security in numbers factor before they will do anything,its ok to do something as long as its the present "fad"
    as for me i have been listening to johnny cash since i was about 6 or 7 thanks to my mother and irish radio stations during the 1970's and 80's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jesus, the movie introduced his music to more listeners. so what? isnt that a good thing? why do people get pissed off about things like this. its like when some bands get a major record deal and they are branded sell outs

• Advertisement
Advertisement