Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman TNN cases

Options
  • 30-07-2006 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

A while back I posted a thread looking for a large heatsink that would remove the need for having any fans in my system. I've since come across these cases by Zalman, which seem to do exactly what i'm looking for, I mean the whole case seems to be the heatsink.

Now they are spec'd for media center PCs, i'm just wondering, do you think they would hold up under any kind of OC'ing? There seems to be heat pipes galore in the thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I think those case's are around the €1500 mark, not good for a guy on the dole. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Just get a decent heatsink and some nexus fans, or watercooling.....

The zalman TNN case is well priced at $1200:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TomCo wrote:
    I think those case's are around the €1500 mark, not good for a guy on the dole. :D

I have means and ways my friend... becoming an eSports Athelete like Mr. Wendel is one :D , also getting some tips off basis.ie about setting up a computer store, oh yeah.

Plus delving further, they seem to only support up to 6200 Nvidias. Its a good idea and something i've been thinking about doing a mod on one of these days. I seen a mini-itx one done before where the guy just used a huge heatsink out of an old VCR and placed it over the complete top of the mobo. I'm sure there must be a lot of equipment out there that has large heatsinks that i could retrofit into a workable case. For now though i'll continue to live the dream drawing the dole and spending money I don't have ;)

Is there any other companies that sell cases along the same specs?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I Think you should forget this super heatsink idea......

Get a nice watercooling kit for €259 with somw silent fans and you will be sorted;)

Advertisement