Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned!? For what!?

Options
  • 30-07-2006 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Just got this from some Moriarty I don't even know what this is about!? I never traded anything in there! :confused: Can any of you look at my posts in broadband and see if I traded in anything ILLEGAL!? Seems quite unfair!
    banned from broadband

You've been banned from broadband for a month for trading links/invites to warez sites.

PM me when your month is up and you'll be let back in.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Moriarty is the forum moderator. You were trading invites to warez sites according to one report I saw? Actually, that's exactly what the bit you quoted says.

The exact text of the post was you asking for someone to send you an invite to a torrent site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Yup it was just 3 words I posted! That was more of a joke as any sane person would have made out! How can he say I TRADED anything!? Do you know the meaning of Trading or do I take it MODERATORS don't need to know simple english!? :confused: Look I posted in the thread about an Eircom to BT transfer and that when I saw the other thread so I just posted in there... Don't even remember what I said but I surely didn't ask for an invite!? Never remember using the words please, can I, etc :confused: anyway I thought I'll at least be able to come clear in here but looks like it's only making things worse!
    Three Cheers to the Moderator in question! Keep up this GRAND work your doing!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Your exact post was:
    Any chance of sending me an Invite? :)

That does not look like a joke to me.

I never said you "traded" anything, I merely quoted back what I've seen said so I don't see the point of your English lesson. All I've done so far is answer your questions so I don't see why you're so hostile. Your first post here didn't make anything worse, but I think your second one did.

Despite the objection over the use of the word "trading" in the ban, any sort of warezing is asking for trouble in the Broadband forum. Everyone who showed any interest in sending or receiving this information was banned for the same amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Good you posted what I said in there! Look I said "Any chance" meaning do the people trading stand any chance to trade warez stuff... I also ended with a :) Look I expected the person who started the thread and the people who posted invites to be banned, how did I get into that I dunno! :( Any one showing interest also means the people viewing that thread! doesn't it? I'm actually pissed now because I was checking on the eircom and bt transfer and was waiting for some answers from one poster there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Calm down and discuss it in a sensible way with the forum moderator via pm. If you pm the mod in such an agressive manner, its likely you will get his back up.

You can still read posts in the forum, so you will be able to see any replies you so desperately require.

V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement