Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Point

Options
  • 30-07-2006 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

http://www.dundrumpoint.ie/
    Has anybody heard of this development?
    The first stage of the development has started...one bed, ground floor apartments from 400k...going up by 15k per floor...

Also, it's more located in Artane than Dundrum, although it is about 15 min walk from the town centre.

Is it a total rip-off or is that just what you'll have to pay in this day and age?

Dosen't seem like a great location to me and is as pricey as a one bed in the city centre...

Would you be mad to buy there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You sure? Artane is on the northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

D'oh, sorry, I meant Ballinteer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I was thinking that myself - I live in Artane, and its quite a bit away from Dundrum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Its not 15 mins walk - only about 5mins max from the entrance of the development to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Drove by it the other day.
    Ugly looking exterior IMO.

That whole area is just rocketing with similar places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Uh-oh. More developers peddeling this 'luxury' crap to push prices higher before the crash.

Terrible. It isn't worth it people.

Uh-oh. More developers peddeling this 'luxury' crap to push prices higher before the crash.

Ah yes... the crash. the old "bubble burst" if you will.
    Any ideas on when this may occur my good man?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

whiskeyman wrote:
    Ah yes... the crash. the old "bubble burst" if you will.
    Any ideas on when this may occur my good man?
    :D
    Oh I forgot thing are gonna be brilliant forever.

Next time i'm down the shops i'll pick up a mortgage, and a little extra to buy a car with, maybe enough for a few holidays too.

I'll pay for the milk with the platnium Visa card I got offered by MBNA when I was a student with zero income... everythings fine!

Again, as for Dundrum, those prices are crazy, are people just not shopping around or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It's near to the Luas and the Centre, but at that price you might as well buy a small house or a place in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

DubGuy wrote:
    Is it a total rip-off or is that just what you'll have to pay in this day and age?

It's what you'll have to pay in this day and age. And yes, it's a total rip off.

24 Concierge.. management fees will be nice and high, to go with your big fat mortgage repayments.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    Drove by it the other day.
    Ugly looking exterior IMO.

That whole area is just rocketing with similar places.

They haven't started building it yet!

havana wrote:
    They haven't started building it yet!
    Odd...
    I passed by some apartments up there with the exact exterior that on the website...
    Ugly tbh.
    Don't think I could do apartment living.
    I loves me house :D

EDIT - just checked website - that image is of the sister development 'Wyckham Place'.
    I knew I wasn't seeing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

It makes me laugh, it's closer to Ballinteer than Dundrum, but it's still 'Dundrum Point'. Add an extra 50k to asking the price so. I guess 'Ballinteer Point' just doesn't have the same ring.

Of course, before you know it Ballinteer WILL be Dundrum. Or Balindrum. Or Dunteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Apparently there is going to be a 24Hr consierge(spelling?) service also, which will probably make the maintaince about 2500 a year too, gotta say Dundrum/ballinteer area is becoming very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

No kidding. Some neighbours of mine recently put their house up for sale and were apparently looking for a price of €1.2 million. This is for a four bedroom detached house in a quiet cul-de-sac.

I know it's a crazy property market out there at the minute but it's hard for me to believe that the house I grew up in is now worth a million euros or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not worth it. Alreday live there and the traffics horrendous most of the time as it is.Can't imagine what it'll be like in 6/7 years time. Luas ok if you're going into town, but if you're not....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Alreday live there and the traffics horrendous most of the time as it is.

Of course, the Wyckham bypass is about to be upgraded, work will take 10 months, just in time for the return to school. So expect the traffic to get much worse much sooner...

Hard to imagine that none of those roads existed 10 years ago.

Gyck wrote:
    It makes me laugh, it's closer to Ballinteer than Dundrum, but it's still 'Dundrum Point'. Add an extra 50k to asking the price so. I guess 'Ballinteer Point' just doesn't have the same ring.

Of course, before you know it Ballinteer WILL be Dundrum. Or Balindrum. Or Dunteer.

This is not a new thing though- my address has always been Dundrum although some would say we are nearer to Balinteer or even Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Ballinteer does not exist if you're a property developer. New houses are either in Dundrum, Rathfarnham, unless it's smack bang across the road from Superquinn, then it's called Ballintyre....

Think "Dundrum Point" looked quite good, lots of green spaces, minutes walk from the Luas, just off the M50 roundabout, access to amenities etc, but for that price I'd want a very large apartment, what's the size like?

Advertisement