Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoking

• 30-07-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi, would anyone know if there is any restaurant's in the city center that have an out door seating area for smokers.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

if you find any... Would you let me know so I can steer clear of them.. Nothing more sure to put you off your dinner than some chimney puffing away beside you... *cough* sure why don't I just wrap my mouth around my exhaust and suck on that for a while.... Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i bhave nothing against smokers or smoking but the smell of it coming into a restaurant is really inappropriate...

anyway sorry i don't know any restaurants like that around

in fairness the majority of the time u would only have a smoke after the meal at which time you would be leaving anyway.

unless u are smoking between courses or something

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

jcoote wrote:
    i bhave nothing against smokers or smoking but the smell of it coming into a restaurant is really inappropriate...

anyway sorry i don't know any restaurants like that around

in fairness the majority of the time u would only have a smoke after the meal at which time you would be leaving anyway.

unless u are smoking between courses or something

Well I'm just back from my holiday in Spain and obiously there is no smoking ban there... I was tucking into my full English and this woman lights up beside me... which I didn't really mind, I knew she wouldn't be long... But then she lights another one off her butt... And that continued until we left... She was actually eating her food with mouthfulls of smoke... I couldn't look at her... So selfish... And so she wouldn't be rude and blow smoke in her partner's face... She kept turning towards us and blowing it out... I wanted to drag her down to the sea and drown her.... (I was very hung over btw) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

We were in Eddie Rockets in Terenure last week when the charming lady who tried to skip the queue & take our booth on the way had her after-dinner smoke about 3 inches from the open door with the smoke wafting back into the restaurant. It's not as if she was waiting to come in - she was on her way out. How rude & selfish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats a horrible bitch if i ever heard one ha

imagine how bad both the food and the smoke tasted holy ****!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The man came looking for an answer, not a bloody lecture. Xanti, Rainyday & jcoote: kindly STFU unless you're going to keep it on topic.

Restaurants with outdoor seating: Eden in Temple bar, Pasta Fresca off Grafton St, that place owned by the guys who also own Bang Café behind the Stephen's Green shopping centre, can't remember the name right now, but a nice place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Shabadu wrote:
    The man came looking for an answer, not a bloody lecture. Xanti, Rainyday & jcoote: kindly STFU unless you're going to keep it on topic.

Restaurants with outdoor seating: Eden in Temple bar, Pasta Fresca off Grafton St, that place owned by the guys who also own Bang Café behind the Stephen's Green shopping centre, can't remember the name right now, but a nice place.
    Ennotecca in the Italian quarter doesn't really do big dinners, more snacks but it has benches outside that people smoke at.

Advertisement