Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear DG834G question

• 30-07-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I've got a Netgear DG834G router which I want to use but I have a problem. I've got wireless broadband with an antenna on the roof which appears as a cat5 cable in my room which i usually connect directly into my network card on the pc. I've tried to connect the cat5 cable into one of the ports on the router and changed the settings to the ip/subnet mask/gateway that I got from my service provider but my pc wireless card wont pick up any signal from the router.

can the Netgear DG834G actually do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Isnt' that router ADSL only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

sirpsycho wrote:
    can the Netgear DG834G actually do this?
    Not really. You need a router with a ethernet WAN port and not a DSL one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

anyone suggest a router with a wan port?

Linksys WRT54GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Good call there irlrobins, any idea where to get these for a decent price?

MC

• Advertisement

Microaid.ie have it for €70. Komplett have it for €67 as do elara.ie

Advertisement