Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network

• 30-07-2006 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

Ok... Having a bit of trouble with my wireless network at home. The pc thats connected to the router via ethernet is fine but the one thats connecting via wireless card can connect to the router but it says that the router has no internet signal. I'm confused so please help

http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=att&disp=inline&attid=0.1&th=10cbf5aa01b83c5c

this pic shows the wireless connection, it's working here but most of the time it's not and there is a little 'x' between the router and internet bubble

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Put the pic up here or something http://imageshack.us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

download.netstumbler.clik device ,scan, if nothing, click autoconfigure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wireless pc isnt configured properly either DCHP or the gateway ip isnt set correctly.

Start Run type "cmd" and type in "ipconfig" on the wireless pc, note the I,p Subnet and gateway ip that pops up.

Do the same on the ethernet one.

The ip of the ethernet one could be 192.168.1.2 the subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1.

On network connections on the wirelessgo to properties on the wireless card and highlight Internet Protocol TCP IP select properties and enter in the Ip 192.168.1.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1.

Login into the router and disable DHCP server.

Easy as pie :d

Gateway may be differnet also IP but whatever is in the ehternets ipconfig is the range and gateway that must be added to the wireless one. As the ethernet one is fine it has the right gateway and ip, so make sure all but the IP match on the wireless one, cant have same IP so just add one is 192.168.1.2 is ethernet make the wireless one 192.168.1.3

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thanks Kdjac. The wireless one was configured wrong. Onlt thing is now what are the numbers for the DNS? And how do I disable DHCP?

Sorry I'm terrible when it comes to setting this part up and it doesn't help that the wireless pc is running polish windows so I can't understand a word it says :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DNS is the same as the gateway ie proably 192.168.1.1

Disbale DCHP by loggin into the router, also change the login and password on the router as default its usually admin 1234 or somfin and anyone in range can log you out and use it for themselves.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thanks Kdjac, you're a superstar

Advertisement