Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Chinese

• 30-07-2006 2:44pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a nice Chinese around Dublin... Every Chinese I'v gone to had something missing... Either the chicken was lovely whole breast but the rice was muck and the chips where re-heats... Or the side orders were fabulous but the meat was rubbery... The only decent Chinese I'v had in a long time was Wongs in Ranelagh...They had the most amazing starter... Half Roast Duck with little wraps... But the wraps were like silk and the sauce was very light but tasty with some garnish on the side... But of course the main course was terrible... surprise surprise :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

ah yeah aromatic duck is savage i loves it..

recently i have eaten in the shirley house in crumlin and the far east in ballyfermot

in the shirley house i had won ton soup which was spot on no complaints whatsoever (except maybe it was a bit hot). For the main course i had cantonese again really nice with light fluffy egg fried rice and very well presented.

in the far east i had the aromatic duck (very similar to what u described yours to be like), followed by pork chow mein..the pork and sauce and whatnot was spot on but the noodles were just a bit rubbery but it was really busy.not that thats any excuse but i would assume that would be the reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Good World between Dunnes Stores and Shalimar on Georges Street has generally been regarded as the best Chinese in Dublin city centre for a number of years. Haven't been there in ages though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Zao in Omni Shoppping park. Just beside the cinema there. lovely food and always good. Good early bird menu as well. It costs €16.50 for 2 courses.
    The chili crispy beef is yummers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Around Moore St and Parnell St. if you want the real deal, they have badly translated stuff on the menus like dry fried guts, but dont let that put you off. The food is deadly and not all that expensive. They dont use much MSG like the Westernised places and use two menus, a real one and a western one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fans on Dame st

and

The Imperial on Wicklow st

and both have cheap enough lunch and dinner menus:)

As well as full menu choice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The Zen in upper Rathmines.

Have been getting my chinese from them for years and have only had a few I didn't like.
    Though, they can be kinda scabby with the sauces so I usually get an extra portion.

Advertisement