Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream colours: meanings & predictions

Options
  • 30-07-2006 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

The colours you dream have a meaning and can predict events. For example:
    WHITE represents money luck.
    GREEN predicts overseas travel.
    RED symbolizes passion and excitement.
    ORANGE forecasts delays and successful problem solving.
    BLUE indicates inspiration and good news.
    YELLOW predicts unexpected visitors and news from afar.
    PURPLE means psychic development and spiritual awakening.
    WINE forecasts abundance, fertility and prosperity.
    BROWN represents a win or windfall of money.
    BLACK foretells overcoming obstacles.
    GREY indicates a period of inactivity or boredom.

The colours have to be combined with dream symbols for more detailed interpretations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Is that the colour of things? Or the general colour (like black and white and stuff)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

iFight wrote:
    Is that the colour of things? Or the general colour (like black and white and stuff)?
    Either a predominant colour or one that catches your eye most in the dream.

That colour scheme applies less to me as my dreams have less obvious symbolism, the only way i can relate to the colours is if what im dreaming has a vague tint... last nights had a purple one, but the events themselves explained a lot more than any generalality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Ill be looking out for colours tonight, I have no idea on the colour scheme of most my dreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

iFight wrote:

Both really. Like if you see a red or green car the colour tells you something as well as what the car symbolizes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Colours do not play a part in my dreams, it is just like life for me usually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Always dream in colour. Never thought of colour in dreams as foretelling something or having meaning aside from giving them more realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

All my dreams are in colour. What is your source for this material?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Are you sure you always dream in colour? While I certinitly don't dream in 'black and white', colours of any sort usually just don't come into it.

Can you honestly recall that the object you saw in your dream was a certin colour, or are you just assuming it was because you know it's waking life counterpart?

I'm just curious, but I think that when you do remember a specific colour from your dreams you'll know the difference.

(I think the poll in the 'Women's Colourful Dreams' thread is slightly flawed by asking people to choose between colour or 'black and white'. Seeing black and white is not the oposite of seeing colour. Most dreams I find simply lack such definition).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Do the colours mean the same if you just see one colour nothing else while your medatating (sorry cannot spell today for some reason.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Goodshape wrote:
    Are you sure you always dream in colour? While I certinitly don't dream in 'black and white', colours of any sort usually just don't come into it.

Can you honestly recall that the object you saw in your dream was a certin colour, or are you just assuming it was because you know it's waking life counterpart?

I'm just curious, but I think that when you do remember a specific colour from your dreams you'll know the difference.
    Generally my dreams are like living. I see things as I would alive. The colours are there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement