Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a graphics card

Options
  • 30-07-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a connect3d 9600xt atm and looks like it's gonna die on me and thinking of upgrading it. obviously it has to be agp.

thinking of getting either an 6600gt or x1600 pro, from my research the price is similar (€100-150) but most reviews i've read shows that the x1600 pro is not performing well. but i do like the features on the x1600 pro

anyway any suggestions on these or any other recommendations. my budget is around €100-150 including postage if online.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

6800XT for €159 +p&p? *edit* <at Komplett

Other than that, an x1600pro's not bad, but it won't set your world alight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

where did you get that price?

@OP: Forgot to add url-tag, it's in the edited post.

i think that's a dual dvi card. i need 1 vga or can i just use that dvi-vga converter plug?

thanks anyway K.O.Kiki

You can always use a DVI-to-VGA converter; there's usually one included in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shortie989

i'd advise gettin an X800 series card for £90 from www.lowestonweb.com it'd be better then either of those i'd say but around the same price

thanks for the advice shortie989, i ordered a 6800gs from pixmania last night. hopefully will get it tomorrow....

Advertisement