Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny - nice place to visit?

Options
  • 30-07-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2594&ArticleID=1637073

I'm from kilkenny myself, but I don't come home too often as its a drive of about 160 miles.

But I've noticed myself that the city is getting rougher, and dirtier (broken pint glasses, litter, flower pots being overturned etc). Just last night i was out and I saw a fight, a girl tried to break it up and got punched! :eek:

I also noticed there are very few gardai around.

Anyway I was shown the letter to the editor of the kilkenny people a few weeks ago, in which an American tourist said he would never return and discourage people from visiting. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Describes any city/town in Ireland nowadays tbh.
    Been a few times to Kilkenny and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Are the dirty drunks from Kilkenny though, I think you'll find alot of them are from Dublin or other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Another one of the large flower pots was turned over again last night. Theres a mound of soil and flowers on the path outside the Arcade :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Hashbrown

Are the dirty drunks from Kilkenny though, I think you'll find alot of them are from Dublin or other places

And you can backup that statement with what evidence Lump. No locals get drunk and cause trouble its all down to the DUBS and others.. , I afraid you would want to get out more and visit any local town in this country on a weekend and see what hits the street when the pubs close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have no evidence. Darn it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement