Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a filter in photoshop to do this?

Options
  • 30-07-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi!

I want to take some photos and then convert them into an artistic format in photoshop (or a similar program!)

Please see this image to see what I mean -

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/70582.jpg

Does anyone know how they got that picture to look like it was drawn? Did they just use a filter??

Any help, links, anything appreciated!

Thanks!

Aoife

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

photoshop has some filters to make it look arse-tistic, they really look crap though.
    try redrawing your photos and colouring them in photoshop or illustrator.
    that image you linked to was probably done in pen & inks, its similar to the grand theft auto artwork.

try the posterising effect on a photo to narrow down the amount of colours and start colouring from scratch on a new layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

try using live trace in adobe illustrator

are you sure that image was made from a photo, looks more like a painting to me, well either that or they put a couple of filters on it and then added some paint and pen in photoshop on top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

The extremely lazy way would be to play around with the "artistic" filters in PS but you might get something similar.

Advertisement