Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT all in package from €45

• 30-07-2006 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

BT now offering a package that includes broadband, all landline calls to 32 counties and UK and landline for:

1mb - €45
    2mb - €54
    3mb - €63

www.btireland.ie

Anyone got and ideas or comments on them. seems like a good package

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

BT now offering a package that includes broadband, all landline calls to 32 counties and UK and landline for:

1mb - €45
    2mb - €54
    3mb - €63

www.btireland.ie

Anyone got and ideas or comments on them. seems like a good package

If you already have NTL you're quids in:

1 Meg: - €20

Unlimited UK/ireland calls with Blueface - €15

Total (inc basic analogue cable) €55.

2 Megs is €25 and 3 Megs €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Freddie59 wrote:
    If you already have NTL you're quids in:

1 Meg: - €20

Unlimited UK/ireland calls with Blueface - €15

Total (inc basic analogue cable) €55.
    That's €10 more that the 1mb/€45 package from BT (which includes line rental).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its a good package , elderly persons getting the pension get €20 off so they can have unlimited landline calls and 1Mbit DSL for €25 a month all in . They can get no such subsidy for NTL .

Love your granny :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

As far as i can see, you still have to pay for calls on top of this, its very little, one cent a minute i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its a good package , elderly persons getting the pension get €20 off so they can have unlimited landline calls and 1Mbit DSL for €25 a month all in . They can get no such subsidy for NTL .

Love your granny :p

Actually this brings up an interesting point. Shouldn't the elderly users allowance be changed to include other providers who can deliver phone services such as NTL, Blueface, Digiweb (Metro) and the mobile phone companies.

Actually I'm surprised the mobile phone companies haven't jumped all over this already as being anti-competitive.

mel123 wrote:
    As far as i can see, you still have to pay for calls on top of this, its very little, one cent a minute i think.
    As far as I can see, you haven't followed the link at the start of the thread. The cost of all landline calls to Ireland and the UK is included in the price of the package.

It's not that long ago that 512MB DSL on it's own cost more than this bundle of line rental, landline calls and DSL.

bk wrote:
    Actually this brings up an interesting point. Shouldn't the elderly users allowance be changed to include other providers who can deliver phone services such as NTL, Blueface, Digiweb (Metro) and the mobile phone companies.

Actually I'm surprised the mobile phone companies haven't jumped all over this already as being anti-competitive.
    Access to the Telephone Allowance was made available to other "licensed land line phone providers" was announced in October 2003. In December 2003 the Minister announced that the "Allowance May Be Extended For Mobile Phones". That appears to be the last that anyone has heard of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I assume the providers must do some palaver with the DSFA to claim it but BT have the system in place and do credit it against their bundles.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I assume the providers must do some palaver with the DSFA to claim it but BT have the system in place and do credit it against their bundles.
    As far as I know all the CPS providers support it (Imagine, Gaelic Telecom, perlico, etc. I can't find any reference to it on the euphony site). Smart say that Soccial Welfare wil stil pay your bill - I presume that applies to LLU customers as well as to CPS customers.

It looks like its a fairly straightforward process for landline providers, so it seems a bit strange that the mobile providers haven't made a bigger issue about it. Maybe they reckon that there isn't sufficient demand among the market that qualifies for a telephone allowance in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement