Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponge Bob

• 30-07-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hello,

Reading your article (Sponge BoB) dated 14-01-06

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=204426&page=3

You say that most of the exchanges on your listing (in my case the exchange "Jenkinstown") are due for upgrade for broadband?

Who would I pursue in eircom (and tel number) to find out if this is so or when it is due...

Thank you,

osmethod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

osmethod wrote:
    Hello,

Reading your article (Sponge BoB) dated 14-01-06

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=204426&page=3

You say that most of the exchanges on your listing (in my case the exchange "Jenkinstown") are due for upgrade for broadband?

Who would I pursue in eircom (and tel number) to find out if this is so or when it is due...

Thank you,

osmethod

Hi Osmethod.
    according to my rollout map jenkinstown (in waterford ) was enabled in or around the 5th of July.. Have you checked your number recently? How far are you from the exchange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

Hi JohnnieM,

My apologies, its actually Jenkinstown, Kilkenny.

Thanks,

osmethod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

osmethod wrote:

ALL of them actually . Any other questions ????

Thanks for replying...

I've tested a tel number on the "Jenkinstown, Kilkenny" exchange and it says broadband isn't available.

I'll follow a suggestion by ringing 1901 and try locate the relevant exchange technician and see what the story is.

I do appreciate that your thread refers to the fact that their (eircoms) db isn't neccessarily upto date.

If you can suggest any other lines of enquiry e.g. 3G, Satellite, Wireless etc they'd be most welcome.

Thanks,

osmethod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some exchanges (not many) are delayed .

Do not ring 1901 , ring 1800503303 for updates on live dates. Their dates are mutable however so its live when its live but if Jenkinstown is listed it will be done.

You may be able to get wireless from permanet.ie or digiweb.ie or get vodafone 3g data which is discussed here with coverage maps . The voda coverage maps are a tad behind reality.

• Advertisement

Thank you Sponge Bob.

osmethod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

osmethod wrote:
    Hi JohnnieM,

My apologies, its actually Jenkinstown, Kilkenny.

Thanks,

osmethod

Cant see any other jenkinstown exchanges on the list... It does look like Waterford is the regional office for all that part of the country though...so the jenkinstown listed could be the same jenkinstown!!!:confused: .. ...

Advertisement