Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Carlos Tevez coming to europe?

• 30-07-2006 7:34pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Carlos teves has been quoted in a number of englands papers today as considering a move abroad after admitting he cannot stay any longer at corinthians after the horrible treatment he has recieved from fans and people associated with the club in an apparent major backlash to a gesture he made during a match recently.

he is quoted as saying "I think that its going to be very difficult for me to stay at corinthians because my daughter and wife are very scared now after what happened, what the supporters did is something very difficult to forget and i ill have to think very carefully about what to do now".
    ---
    im not sure what the supports did or what gesture he made
    but...
    As one of the biggest managers in europe even if it wasnt i would take this as a come and get me plea from one of the most talented young players world football has to offer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Chelski will prolly buy him.

But last I heard Corinthians wanted prospective buyers to meet his buyout clause €120 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He cost 21 million or thereabouts amazed noone posted what the problem was with the team and fans but this should sort out your future should you ever want a transfer.
    It is alleged that he would prefer to join Manchester United if he were to move to England. This was confirmed when Tevez was spotted wearing a Manchester United shirt whilst training with Corinthians. There are many rumours saying Tevez will come to Manchester United as they are a club out for a striker with Ruud Van Nistelrooy gone to Real Madrid, Tevez himself wanting to leave Corinthians and him being spotted wearing a Manchester United shirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_T%C3%A9vez
    #

Wear a Man Utd shirt into training :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

KdjaC wrote:
    amazed noone posted what the problem was with the team and fans
    kdjac

Corinthians fans demand Tevez apology after gesture
    RIO DE JANEIRO, July 24 (Reuters) - Fans of Brazilian champions Corinthians have told forward Carlos Tevez to apologise for gesturing to the crowd to be quiet during a game at the weekend.
    A leader of the notorious supporters' group Gavioes da Fiel (Hawks of the Faithful) warned that the Argentine international could face an orchestrated campaign against him if he does not say sorry.
    "If he thinks he's above us, let's see how Tevez faces an organised campaign on our part," Gavioes vice-president Wildner Rocha told the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper.
    "Nobody can stand constant pressure," said Rocha, nicknamed the Little Flea. "They (the players) are not prepared for this and we are."
    Tevez scored the equaliser as Corinthians, bottom of the table after a disastrous slump in form, drew 2-2 at home to Fortaleza.
    He celebrated by running to the Corinthians fans and putting his finger over his lips telling them to be quiet. They had jeered the team after Fortaleza took a 2-1 lead.
    "To begin with, we want him to talk to the fans and concentrate on the team," said Wildner, adding that more dramatic measures would only be taken later.
    Tevez joined Corinthians for a South American record $18 million in Dec. 2004, shortly after the club had signed a partnership deal with London-based Media Sports Investments (MSI).

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Revision history
    19:29, 30 July 2006 ChaChaFut (Talk | contribs) (reverted vandalism)

21:32, 24 June 2006 Intangible (Talk | contribs) (rv vandalism)

Wore the jersey on 1st day back after the WC alledgley, is he Ince in disguise :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

He also wore aUtd jersey to a PRess Conference ages ago.

though he says he wears whatever his sponsors send him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Slurms wrote:
    But last I heard Corinthians wanted prospective buyers to meet his buyout clause €120 million.

Who in there right mind would sign a contract with that kind of clause in it?

I mean you really are tying yourself down with that kind of thing!

Even Chelsea would think twice about paying that kind of wedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Most of the top Spanish players have that release clause

PHB wrote:
    Most have €120 million release clauses on their players?

Surely thats only on the top, top players.

Torres has only €60 mil release clause!
    http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=399249&CPID=4&clid=118&lid=&title=Atletico:+Torres+not+for+sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Torres had a relatively low one, players like Raul and Ronaldinho have astronomical release clauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=406029&CPID=219&CLID=&lid=26&title=Tevez+makes+peace+with+fans&channel=
    Carlos Tevez has made peace with Corinthians supporters but the Argentina international admits his future in Brazil is still very much in doubt.

The diminutive forward fell out with the club's faithful after gesturing to them to be quiet during a recent league clash after they had jeered the club's players.

Corinthians have endured a nightmare start to the season and Tevez's behaviour caused outrage amongst the supporters, who responded by threatening to start an organised campaign against the player.

Tevez has now, though, reconciled any differences he held with those supporters, but that has not stopped him from subsequently conceding that he may seek pastures new.

''I think that it's going to be difficult for me to stay in Corinthians because my daughter and my wife are very scared now after what happened,'' said Tevez.

''What the supporters did is something very difficult to forget.

''I will have to think very carefully about what I will do because I have a daughter, this is not an easy situation.

''I understand that the supporters didn't like the gesture that I did but they had to respect me first.

''I did that gesture because they had been insulting me, otherwise I wouldn't have done what I did.

''As they apologised, I did the same to them. Anyway I will have to talk about this situation with my family.

''Personally I would like to stay in Brazil but my family is very sad about what happened.

''In addition, while I still keep playing at Corinthians I will not take my family with me.''

Looks like he might be staying in Brazil after all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

PHB wrote:
    AFAIK Spanish law requires a player have a release clause in their contract, even if it is unrealistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Tevez at United will never happen, but it would be sweet.

And, yes, the top players in Spain and elsewhere have ridiculous releases clauses, Messi's is €100m afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well his contract with Corinthians runs until December but they have an option to extend for three years (with his agreement of course).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well his contract with Corinthians runs until December but they have an option to extend for three years (with his agreement of course).
    But last I heard Corinthians wanted prospective buyers to meet his buyout clause €120 million

there is no way both of you are right...free agent for January / going price now 120million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

id be happy to wait for a nice free transfer. I think he is an excellent player. bring in mascherano too while youre at it so he can have a friend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Carlos teves has been quoted in a number of englands papers today as considering a move abroad after admitting he cannot stay any longer at corinthians after the horrible treatment he has recieved from fans and people associated with the club in an apparent major backlash to a gesture he made during a match recently.

he is quoted as saying "I think that its going to be very difficult for me to stay at corinthians because my daughter and wife are very scared now after what happened, what the supporters did is something very difficult to forget and i ill have to think very carefully about what to do now".
    ---
    im not sure what the supports did or what gesture he made
    but...
    As one of the biggest managers in europe even if it wasnt i would take this as a come and get me plea from one of the most talented young players world football has to offer.
    "The Apache" will be a United player by the end of the month! Get a move on Fergie!

Come on Freddy Sheppard, get that cheque book out one last time! please? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

according to Sky Sports
    Corinthians officials will meet investment group MSI in London on Tuesday in a bid to resolve the future of Carlos Tevez.

The Argentinian superstar is attracting the interest of a growing number of clubs in Europe after signaling his desire to leave Brazil, with Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Roma, Lyon and Real Madrid all linked with the impressive striker.

Tevez is determined to end his time at Corinthians after falling out with the fans and has burnt his bridges by refusing to return to the club.

With the end of the transfer window looming large the need to clarify Tevez's situation is pressing, so Corinthians have dispatched president Alberto Dualib and vice president Nesi Curi to negotiate his transfer with the company who control the Brazilian side.

Whilst the club were initially reluctant to lose their star forward, the Corinthians hierarchy have now conceded defeat and are determined to secure replacements through MSI.

Coach Emerson Leao has reportedly asked for PSV Eindhoven defender Alex, Fenerbahce midfielder Alex, Le Mans striker Grafite and Sevilla's Luis Fabiano.

Any new signings are likely to be dependent on Tevez leaving the club and recent indications suggest that England could be his likely destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

well we'll all no in the next 48 hours ahere he's going... being linked with Arsenal and United in the papers today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I see Villa have even been linked with him, although now that we have some cash we are going to be linked with everyone.

• Advertisement

He says he signinf for West Ham him and MAscherano :confused:

Maybe he got mixed up and its really Arsenal :confused:

Wtf

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

wtf is going on. Surely not.

Tevez announced on his website that he and Mascherano will join west ham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/5301068.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Yeah big shock this!! United were chasing this pair for ages!! dont say much about Gill and uniteds negotiating skills:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

iregk wrote:

SSN rang West ham for confirmation and they were told to ring back later as they don't have time right now to comment.

Its done!! its been confirmed. season long loan and have the option to buy them after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe then a permanent move across town next season to Chelsea...

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Have a read of this :

http://stateofthegame.co.uk/2006/08/31/something-fishy-tevez-mascherano-west-ham-united/

What a corrupt game football has turned into since Roman arrived on the scene , defo a case of denying opponents an opportunity to sign these 2 players IMO. The 2 boys must feel like pawns or muppets !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is the biggest ****ing farce ever. What the **** is going on? I'm so dissapointed. Why couldn't Utd get at least one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

pretty amazing coup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Abramovich isnt dumb enough to let one of them 2 go to Manchester United thats why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is possibly the worst thing that could happen to the Premiership, and to world football. One rich Russian controlling indiviudal players worldwide, sending them to clubs in England to 'aclimatise' them to their new surroundings before buying them if they're worth it, or shipping them out if not.

I can't believe this is happening. I've nothing against West Ham, fair play to them, but how two players, worth probably £40 million between them, could be loaned out to a team that aren't even competing in the Champions League stinks of corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And you know what? Nobody can prove anything. Money = Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eh......WTF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

There surely is a distinctly fish-like smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Sorry lads, the problem doesn't lie with Abramovich it lies with the idea that a "sports management" company could own the rights players.

For all the people presuming these players are essentially already Chelsea property, what is the harm in them loaning them to another club for a year to see how good they are?

Its strange and I have to say fair play to most people. After that post and the link I was expecting the usual roman and chelsea back lash. The thing is the link that was posted is the ramblings of a football fan. No proof no nothing just a theory. Now he may well be 100% correct and also may well be 100% wrong and it may be as straight as a loan deal gets.

My theory is that the two players are up for sale together and as the only clubs in the prem who could afford them, Chelsea and Man U, didn't take the bait they had plan. Corinthians may well have decided to park them in the shop window for a year and dangle the carrot in front of the horse until said clubs can't resist. Que next summer and a purchase from either Chelsea or United after watching them all year and at an increased price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

i have to say even as an Arsenal fan that theory is idiotic. My take would be that they joined a middling club as a stepping stone to greater things. Going straight to an Arsenal or Man Utd would be quite a change. Remember Ronaldo went to PSV before he went to Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A few things do confuse me still though, mainly, why is it that England HAS to be the destination for these guys. Fair enough if people were willing to pay top doller for them then England is just as likely as anywhere else, but as we already know Chelsea dont need anyone and Man U I assume cant afford Mascherano or dont want him and Tevez would be a waste of money for them. So why is it that they're being lumped to another club for free to be in the shop window when they're already worth a fortune instead of simply joining another club. Bayern were in for them, AC Milan have a bit of cash floating around still that would surely be potential, Real always have money to spend and were also touted for them, while Valencia just splashed out 22mill euro's on Joaquin. Athletico Madrid were willing to pay a fortune for Reyes, so why not try and sell them tevez?

Everyone knows South Americans fit in far better in Spain anyway. So why is it that it seems England is the only option? Does either player speak english even? I know Tevez doesnt even speak Portugese (hence why he was dropped as Corinthians captain) so its probably unlikely he'd have learned english.

I do feel there has to be something to them staying in England for a year other then hoping they'll be success's in the hardest league for South Americans to be successful in to raise their value when they're usefullness has already been proven in a more spanish style..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

iregk wrote:
    Its strange and I have to say fair play to most people. After that post and the link I was expecting the usual roman and chelsea back lash. The thing is the link that was posted is the ramblings of a football fan. No proof no nothing just a theory. Now he may well be 100% correct and also may well be 100% wrong and it may be as straight as a loan deal gets.

My theory is that the two players are up for sale together and as the only clubs in the prem who could afford them, Chelsea and Man U, didn't take the bait they had plan. Corinthians may well have decided to park them in the shop window for a year and dangle the carrot in front of the horse until said clubs can't resist. Que next summer and a purchase from either Chelsea or United after watching them all year and at an increased price!

True (I mean, would Abramovich be that blatant?!), but you have to admit that it is quite suspicious, what wth Tevez and Mascherano being linked with Man U and Arsenal for the whole summer then both clubs being suddenly usurped by West Ham?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    A few things do confuse me still though, mainly, why is it that England HAS to be the destination for these guys. Fair enough if people were willing to pay top doller for them then England is just as likely as anywhere else, but as we already know Chelsea dont need anyone and Man U I assume cant afford Mascherano or dont want him and Tevez would be a waste of money for them. So why is it that they're being lumped to another club for free to be in the shop window when they're already worth a fortune instead of simply joining another club. Bayern were in for them, AC Milan have a bit of cash floating around still that would surely be potential, Real always have money to spend and were also touted for them, while Valencia just splashed out 22mill euro's on Joaquin. Athletico Madrid were willing to pay a fortune for Reyes, so why not try and sell them tevez?

Everyone knows South Americans fit in far better in Spain anyway. So why is it that it seems England is the only option? Does either player speak english even? I know Tevez doesnt even speak Portugese (hence why he was dropped as Corinthians captain) so its probably unlikely he'd have learned english.

I do feel there has to be something to them staying in England for a year other then hoping they'll be success's in the hardest league for South Americans to be successful in to raise their value when they're usefullness has already been proven in a more spanish style..

I think that's where the allegations of Roman's influence come in. Kepp them in England for a season, see how they get on, if they adapt (remember the numerous South Americans who had promise but didn't adapt - Kleberson etc.) sign them next season. True Chelsea don't need them but when did they need Wright-Philips, Ballack etc.?

What I find interestinf aobut the whole thing is that even up to today it was reported (in the Tmes) that the two would sign for Arsenal. In big deals like this there is usually a hint or a sniff somewhere, West Ham's emergence in the deal has come completely out of the blue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What's the chances someone hacked Tevez's website? Would be cool to see him playing in England without being at one of the top teams...

I thnk that where the allegations of Roman's influence come in. Kepp them in England for a season, see how they get on, if they adapt (remember the numerous South Americans who had promise but didn't adapt - Kleberson etc.) sign them next season. True Chelsea don't need them but when did they need Wright-Philips, Ballack etc.?

yeah thats what im kinda getting at. Was speaking on it keeping this post
    i have to say even as an Arsenal fan that theory is idiotic. My take would be that they joined a middling club as a stepping stone to greater things. Going straight to an Arsenal or Man Utd would be quite a change. Remember Ronaldo went to PSV before he went to Barcelona.
    in mind as though it were a normal proper move, why it makes little or no sense. In short, there is No Way there aren't 2 clubs in the world willing to stump up the cash these guys are worth right at the moment. And im damn sure these guys (both world class) would prefer to be going someplace with champions league and title aspirations.

Yeah very true, although West Ham are in the UEFA cup aren't they?! Haha

West ham official has told SSN that "something is happening" and they're waiting for work permits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

They've signed on permanent deals?!! WTF?

wtf is going on. heard it on sky sports few minutes ago and almost fell off the chair when they said permanent deals.

A friend just texted saying that as well, just assumed he was wrong! been searching the web for a reference but no joy, where'd you see/hear it?!

www.whufc.com site not really working for me, not loading so maybe they're updating it with the new news or something...

Deadline day, fuppin crazy!

EDIT> Found it http://www.whufc.com/articles/article.php?page_id=8247

Still sounds kinda dodgy though, no mention of price or length of contract and no word from the players..this is absolutely crazy! Where the bejesus did the Hammers get that kind of money?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

the investment firm paid top dollar for them, west ham are still in a huge amount of debt. i assume they will be sold on in a year or two, hoping that they take the premiership by storm. they are both still young, not sure what age though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement