Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some cool jewlery.

Options
  • 30-07-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm looking for some alternative larbrets/lip rings, I think the normal stud/spikes/ball/segment rings are a bit boring and was looking at some cool stuff like this.
    large200.png
    1192.jpg
    1105.jpg
    687.jpg
    628.jpg
    Anyone know where I can get some stuff like that in dublin? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

You could try some of the shops in Temple Bar. The piercing parlours would be your best bet first, obviously. I haven't been in in a while but I know they used to have some bits and pieces like that, specifically the one beside Eager Beaver (can't remember the name).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

You could try some of the shops in Temple Bar. The piercing parlours would be your best bet first, obviously. I haven't been in in a while but I know they used to have some bits and pieces like that, specifically the one beside Eager Beaver (can't remember the name).
    Yeah, I might head up there tomorow,I really want to get a dice now forsome reason, but I have enough spikes and studs, so it sounds like a nice change. I might look in Celestial ring as well, I seem to remember them having alot of rings on display.

I presume you don't have the means to buy online, seeing as you're looking for a shop in Dublin? Shame, there are some really funky things available online.

I presume you don't have the means to buy online, seeing as you're looking for a shop in Dublin? Shame, there are some really funky things available online.
    Yeah, I can't buy anything online, but I was just using the net to look for stuff, saw some of the above pics and thought, wow I gota get some of them, how much do you think that sort of stuff costs over here?

A fortune unfortunately :( You're looking at 10-16 euro for even a standard ball closure ring (well, a larger gauge one) these days depending on where you go, so god knows how much anything out of the ordinary is going to cost. Upwards of €15 euro anyway, which personally I would consider "a fortune" for a little piece of metal.

• Advertisement

A fortune unfortunately :( You're looking at 10-16 euro for even a standard ball closure ring (well, a larger gauge one) these days depending on where you go, so god knows how much anything out of the ordinary is going to cost. Upwards of €15 euro anyway, which personally I would consider "a fortune" for a little piece of metal.
    Damn, that sucks, and there was me hoping to get them for about a fiver each, oh well, I know in 9 lives in bray you can get a standard ball closure ring and a labret with stud for 6 euro each. The dice on the internet only cost $2.99 including VAT :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

you do know you can get some sort of "credit" card at the post office which you put money on and then you can use online? although if you lose the card you lose the credit on there.. but it's a way of buying stuff online if you don't have the ability to get a normal credit card --- all you need is the money to put on the card upfront in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just ask your parents to borrow theire card and give em the cash, thats what i do. Yeah labret jewellery is expensive alright, i usually go to bodyshock, theyve good selection there, not sure if they have much for labrets but talk with paddy and see what he can sort ya out with!

You are most likely better off ordering it off the net though, probably cheaper, but make sure it includes delivery cost

I'm not alowed borrow their cards, due to their own cash problems, ands they don't trust net shoping.

The post office way sounds good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

The shop in temple bar that Bounty_Hunter is refering to is Metal Morphosis. They haven't got a huge collection but if you look sometimes you'll find some sweet pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

This is what I think you're talking about:
    3V
    It's a disposable prepaid VISA debit number

Rich_Why wrote:
    The shop in temple bar that Bounty_Hunter is refering to is Metal Morphosis. They haven't got a huge collection but if you look sometimes you'll find some sweet pieces.
    That's the one, thanks. Aye, like I said there isn't always much, but you'll occasionally find a few nice bits.

Awasome, thanks so much guys, going to save up and get one of the temp visa things and go wild :)

Going to pop into that shop as well though, just to check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

I'm not a big fan of novelty pieces like some of these. The spikes and tusks are pretty cool, but I'd just find it really tacky if I had a big red dice on the end of my labret. I have to say you just can't go wrong with a sweet black PVD piece;)

Rich_Why wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of novelty pieces like some of these. The spikes and tusks are pretty cool, but I'd just find it really tacky if I had a big red dice on the end of my labret. I have to say you just can't go wrong with a sweet black PVD piece;)
    Hehe, I'm getting the dice in black it looks really cool like that, do you buy any of your stuff in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

Celestial Ring have brought their jewellery prices down a lot recently, the small gauge titanium bcrs are about €2 or €3 - and they definitely do those uv dice (think they're under a fiver too).

13_adi_13 wrote:
    Celestial Ring have brought their jewellery prices down a lot recently, the small gauge titanium bcrs are about €2 or €3 - and they definitely do those uv dice (think they're under a fiver too).
    Oh cool, Ill pop into them, I want to get my tongue pierced anyway, so I amys as well kill two birds with one stone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

While you are in Celestial ring ask them to see their Wildcat catalogue.
    Its filled with all sorts and you can spend hours looking for what you need. Just ask the lads in CR to order in what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Wild cat stuff is savage, it's all top quality and they have some really unusual pieces, it is slighly more exspensive but it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Celestial ring are fine for jewellery prices, went in yesterday to get a 1.6 smooth sgement ring and four 1.6 balls (I keep losing them!) and it cost me a tenner total. Look out for Mark, he always knocks a few bob off, he's a sweetie.

• Advertisement

edibility wrote:
    Celestial ring are fine for jewellery prices, went in yesterday to get a 1.6 smooth sgement ring and four 1.6 balls (I keep losing them!) and it cost me a tenner total. Look out for Mark, he always knocks a few bob off, he's a sweetie.
    Ahh, yeah I want to get some segment rings, I poped in after work yesturday but I just missed them, I might go in today. I also got my 3v card, so I can buy stuff online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Wouldn't bother buying plain jewellery online tbh, CR is so cheap, and it is good quality. Getting the other side of my lip done tomorrow, can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

you can buy the screw one in argos ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah CR are quite reasonable, went in and got a 4mm tube of em for 9euro. itd be around 15euro in other shops.

Advertisement