Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't want to break her heart

• 30-07-2006 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I've lurked on this forum for a while, but now have a knotty personal problem. All advice welcome.

I went out with a girl for about 6 months this spring/last winter. She ended it this March. I was happy, as I was bored, honestly, but I didn't quite have the guts to do it. A month later, she tried to get back with me. I wasn't cruel, or patronising, but complimentary and polite but firm. I turned her down. She tried again last Saturday night. Again, I said I liked her just as a friend. I think that she might be in love with me.

That's OK, but I have been screwing a friend of hers for the last few weeks. She's sexy, funny, and a really warm person. Nobody, and I mean nobody knows about it yet, but I'm developing real feelings for her.

Is there any way of seeing her friend, without breaking her heart?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In a word, no. I've tried this a few times before, trust me it won't work out. Women...

In short....no....If she is in love with u its gonna hurt like hell, and I doubt that she will be the least bit happy about it. That said, u are a free agent and as you weren't with her at the time there is little she can do about it. How you handle depends on how much you care for her...just remember she is gonna be fragile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

make sure you are serious her friend before saying anything, no need to hurt her if you are just having a fling with her. No way passed it though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Is there any way of seeing her friend, without breaking her heart?

Doubt it. She will be hurt by you seeing her friend, and probably lose the friend, too. Put yourself in her shoes. Would you be hurt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Agree with the others that you will probably hurt her.
    However, in context, she broke up with you in march. Even when she tried to get back with you, you have always said no. in that instance you have not given any misleading or wrong impressions.

You have moved on, she hasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I agree too but She'll appreciate your honesty in the long run, very very long run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

What a lovely friend that girl has??! I mean the friend obviously knows that the girl is mad about you! Maybe the girl you're seeing now only finds you attractive cos she can have you and the other girl can't... no offence, we girls work in mysterious ways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ari

i totally agree, what a cow! its like the unwritten rule...exes are off limit. i know i would never dream of doing anything like that to a friend of a mine, no matter how wonderful the guy in question may be. i think the whole underhanded nature of the situation is the worst. her problem not yours op. think long and hard because three friendships/relationships are at risk here.

but sure good luck with it anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Don't mind the last two replies, you are single and the girl your seeing is single, so there is no problem, you are not repsonsible for the feelings of your ex, she is reponsible for her feelings, she may be pissed but follow your heart in order to make yourself happy,

She broke up with you FFS...screw her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

That's OK, but I have been screwing a friend of hers for the last few weeks.

What year in the 90's are you living in exactly?
    She's sexy, funny, and a really warm person. Nobody, and I mean nobody knows about it yet, but I'm developing real feelings for her.

Usually people don't tend to develop feelings for people they are "screwing", so I'd say that you have nothing to worry about.

Advertisement