Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jose Gonzalez Back Again

Options
  • 30-07-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Was anyone at his first gig a while back? (couple of months) He's the dude who did the Heartbeats song for Sony Bravia advert...but at the concert after standing around in that hole called the Radisson for an hour and a half listening to a woeful WOEFUL :mad: warm up act (she was really abysmal) Jose came on (I wish he didnt and will explain why in a few) and tried to sing a song from his album...horse throat and really raspy...ok so he's feeling sick thats fine...stuggled on for 2 - 3 songs but only getting maybe a minute into each...then gave left the stage...2-3 minutes later back on explaining feeling ill etc,and belted out heartbeats to a clapping audience...then left and that was it.15 minutes tops he was out.I was so f^%ing angry it wasn't funny,2 tickets at €25 and that bloody harpy of a women warm up act just wrecked my head. Due to work etc I never got to follow up asking for a refund as I doubted I would get anywhere seeing as he "did" come on stage,had he just cancelled the gig we would have been guarunteed a refund.Anyways.....he's back August 14th for 2 shows at 7pm and 10pm....my question..if I went to Roisin Dubh and explained this would they tell me to F$"% off or would they give me the two tickets and a show that I've already paid for?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

so let me get this straight...
    you want the roisin dubh to let you in for free because you had a **** time at the radisson?
    he who dares rodders... he who dares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Not quite...it was the Roisin Dubh organising the gig in the Radisson,but Jose was only on 10-15 minutes before he left to alot of pissed off people mumbling and muttering so I think they should well let us in for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I sincerely doubt that you'll get anywhere trying this. That said, I know a couple of people who were at the gig (if you can call it that) in the Radisson and it was a farce. They didn't even have time to finish a pint before the whole thing was over.

If I had been there and hadn't gotten a full refund I'd be reluctant to go to a gig arranged by them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

eh anyone with their ticket stubs from the last gig can exchange them for new tickets in the Roisin Dubh? Thats what it said on the site. The deadline is today though, so ya better hurry. I have a ticket stub, and went to the Roisin once, and they said they didnt know anything about it, next time I went it was closed so I guess my luck is out. :(

Now realising that we could have exchanged our stubs for new tickets,When was that announcement put up on the website?!We already went back to redlight records where we bought the tickets but they said it was all on the roisin dubh.Somehow I think I'll give it a miss second time around,especially if its in the Radisson again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

you probably should have demanded you money back after the original gig? Anyway I seen him the night before in Dublin and he was fantastic. A good 1.5 hours and no ****ty warm up act. Sounds like he had one too many on the gargle the night before.

Those swedes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

we did have a warm up act in dublin though, that dude adrian crowley i think his name was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

I've extended the deadline for the exhchange of tickets until Friday. The shows are on in Roisin Dubh.

I've extended the deadline for the exhchange of tickets until Friday. The shows are on in Roisin Dubh.
    Thats all well an good for people who have still have the stubs several months after the fact...seeing as mine were binned after redlight turned us away seeing as we bought them there...how many people exchanged those stubs if I may ask,roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's not the Róisín's fault you binned the stubs, or that the gig was shít.

Have you contacted them directly recently? Hope it works out.

Live and learn or quit your bitching teach.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Why would you throw away your only proof that you bought the ticket? :confused:

Am I meant to hold onto the stubs for the fun factor 2 months after the gig? They made no announcement at the gig or even in the papers after , they put a notice on their website (when exactly I dont know first I knew was in this post) and I'm being "bitchy"?Fu&* that!

Look man, I'll say this once.

You've aired your concern. Peole have responded. You got an answer straight from Gugai.
    Now please deal with the Róisín directly.

Boards.ie isn't a consumer ombudsman and you're not the first person to feel aggrieved over a live performance.

You're more than welcome to post about the outcome.

And I didn't call you bitchy. Re-read my post for the Emeralds of Knowledge.

Fair point,sorry for the blithering on....

Thanks for understanding smile.gif

Advertisement