Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resetting router every few days

• 30-07-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I use bittorrent fairly heavily and if I have my laptop downloading for a prolonged period of time it will stop downloading and slow up its like the router becomes clogged up and I have to turn it off and reset it so that I can resume good download speeds.

Any ideas what might be the problem here and how I may fix it so that my router will not start to lose download speed after a period of time??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What router?
    Firewalls?
    Have you checked logs?
    What bittorrent client?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

Linksys Wrt54g provides the wireless and a xyzel router is connected into that by bridging I think

No firewall installed right now but its not spyware cause I used to have on installed

I am using utorrent

Any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

what version of firmware are you running on the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

4.01.1 firware version why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

latest version is 4.30.5. Try upgrading and see if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bazcaz wrote:
    Linksys Wrt54g provides the wireless and a xyzel router is connected into that by bridging I think
    I remember reading reports that the zyxels had a problem with this "clogging up" over time. You might want to check for a firmware upgrade for the Zyxel (though you make need to take it out of bridging mode to apply an upgrade - I presume a hardwae reset will do that).

Advertisement