Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband problem

• 30-07-2006 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

hello all,
    I have bt bb and it is working fine with out any hitches i was getting speeds of around 380kbps and this was pretty stable, but today i was messing around with it and connected it to the pc by the usb cable and not the ethernet cable, i ran a speed test and got 800kbps, i tried this several times ang it stayed between 700-800kbbs, is there a setting wrong in the pc, or is there a fault with the router, your probably saying just use the usb cable but i need that to connect the lappy to the router , btw its a zyxel router any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Where are you getting this reading from?
    I *think* that the 800k may be the speed of the USB port.
    If you run a check on www.irishisptest.com with the USB and the LAN connection is there are much of a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

i did the speed test on www.speedtest.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

just ran the speed test on www.irishisptest.ie
    USB connection 465kbps down 82.7kbps up Qos 98% round trip time 44ms max pause 78ms
    Ethernet COnnection 393kbps down 28.2kbps up Qos 97% Round trip time 44ms max pause 46ms

Advertisement