Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Brand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

basquille wrote:
    Yes.. but who hasn't!?

at i guess, eh, i'd say several billion people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

actually when i happened to see a quick snippet of him doing his big brother show ages ago i HATED him.....but then when i saw him on Jonathan Ross i thought he was an absolute legend. SO funny and friendly that i immediately changed my mind about him. Now i think he's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

I think he's incredible, a really interesting guy. I saw him on Ross and have never seen Ross so overwhelmed by a guest,
    Re. his big brother stuff - I don't watch bb, but if he's on talking about it I'll watch his show. It's interesting that he's playing the camp card, yet I believe he's hetero. He hasn't found his niche, I think he's incredibly intellectual but he's talking about s*ite on TV.
    Did anyone read the articles he wrote in the Guardian Sport section about England during the world cup ? They're the only WC articles I cut out & kept, who else described the English players after defeat as "marionettes slumped on the ground...
    It'll be interesting to see what he does next.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

on E4 +1 right now, for those of you still awake and vaguely interested in who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

i personally think the guy is a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Brilliant. He's like a comic mix of Kieth Richards and Michael Caine in the Italian Job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

I love his quirky unique look and his quick wittedness. The fact that he so openly flaunts his sexuality is to be applauded IMO.

Weemcd, I think you're lacking somewhat in the humour department. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

his humour isn't for everyone.
    like i said earlier in this therad, i didn't like him at first. he did actually bug me. but he has now grown on me and i do find him funny.
    i think the self depricating humour is something to do with it and it's something most Irish people can relate to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Hes a legend, breath of fresh air, but he isnt for everyone.

" So I pull down my trousers,
    Get my dinkle in my hands,
    Tell the queen she isnt worthy to view my ballbags,
    and rush out the door,
    The swines!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Apparently was crack(not craic, although he can be that) and heroin addict, heroin in the chasing the dragon way, no needles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anniemarie23

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i find him to be hillarious when shown on the television

I agree, I think he's soooooo funny! I wish some guys would take some notes on how real humour is preformed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i find him to be hillarious when shown on the television

As opposed to being shown on the radio :confused:

:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

russel grant? the swiiiiiiine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

" love his quirky unique look and his quick wittedness. The fact that he so openly flaunts his sexuality is to be applauded IMO.

Weemcd, I think you're lacking somewhat in the humour department. "

I think he is class on BBBM and 1 Leicester Square and his radio show is equally as funny.

I like the way that he doesn't mind being perceived as being homosexual ( and plays on this) even though he is a rampant hetrosexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

god he wrecks my head what exactly is he famous for?? tries too hard, keeps banging on about his childhood and being under his 'drugbrella' poor fella he wants to be a rockstar or pete doherty but noone cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hes extremely annoying and not even remotely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

god he wrecks my head what exactly is he famous for??

Being a comedian? What's Dave Chapelle famous for?
    tries too hard

You have to try hard to get your own comedy show on TV... At least in Britain.
    rb_ie wrote:
    Hes extremely annoying and not even remotely funny.

That's untrue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

DaveMcG wrote:
    Being a comedian? What's Dave Chapelle famous for?

You have to try hard to get your own comedy show on TV... At least in Britain.

That's untrue!
    Comedians are funny, like Dave Chappelle, Russell isnt

You don't have to try hard to get your own comedy show, you get given one cos you're actually funny [Russell has no comedy show]

And yeah, he IS annoying and NOT remotely funny

I'd have more fun listening to flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

abetarrush wrote:
    And yeah, he IS annoying and NOT remotely funny

watched him on that BB show with some friends last night. he definately only suits certain types of humour. i and others thought he was very funny, some friends thought he was ****e
    all a matter of taste really

abetarrush wrote:
    Comedians are funny, like Dave Chappelle, Russell isnt

Says you. Me, I think he's funny.
    abetarrush wrote:
    [Russell has no comedy show]

He has Big Brother's Big Mouth, 1 Leicester Square, and he hosts a radio show.
    abetarrush wrote:
    I'd have more fun listening to flowers

Whatever you're into

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

DaveMcG wrote:
    He has Big Brother's Big Mouth, 1 Leicester Square, and he hosts a radio show

yeah, they're talkshows, not comedy shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He's a charming fella. Almost like a functional version of Pete Doherty (Pete just being an unfortunate prototype that went wrong post-production).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Ah I think he is gas. Didn't always like him then he was on Jonathon Ross talking about being under hi "drug-brella"..hilarious stuff! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I like how he sort of combines more subtle wit with his loud, in your face style. He comes across as a very intelligent guy - one of the funniest people on TV imo.

abetarrush wrote:
    yeah, they're talkshows...
    ...which revolve around his comedy. Maybe they should bring in Richard Madeley to present BBBM, since it's a talk show an' all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Couldn't stand him but just watched that Jonathan Ross interview and agree, very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved, mods ye can merge this one as I think theres another one of these around somewhere. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Fabulous, hilarious, quirky, quick-witted and never ceases to entertain.

He's a very talented comedian, I went over to England to see him perform and he was magnificent. He can make anything funny and has a magical way with words.

I was on his radio show and he just comes out with crackers at a rate of knots. Very energetic and very sweet.

He's extremely articulate unlike some off the presenters on tv these days.

Judge him as you may about his performance on tv alone, but DO NOT judge his stand-up based on his performance on television as it is completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Jammy wrote:
    Fabulous, hilarious, quirky, quick-witted and never ceases to entertain

Yea he's as bright as a button! I find him funny, altho sometimes I don't actually get the gags - I'm sure half the humour goes right over a lot of peoples head.

I like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Don't like his new(ish) hair-do but I think he's hallarious, especially when not scripted...:)

Advertisement