Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mourning my Little Friend

Options
  • 30-07-2006 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

My little friend Zoe - a Lhasa Apso bitch passed away in the early hours of this morning and my heart is broken.

She wasn't even my dog,she belonged to my girlfriend but she really took a shine to me.The GF used to slag me about how she might as well be invisible to Zoe when I was around !

She was right as rain up to yesterday but last night she started to get sick and was totally out of sorts.The Vet wasn't able to do anything for her.
    We had a post mortem done and it turns out she had hemangiosarcoma - a type of cancer of the spleen and seemingly can often display no symtoms.

She was full of life and fun,bordering on daft !

Now she's gone and I'm going to miss her,not ashamed to say I shed a few tears today.

I used her pic for my avatar - bigger version below

zoe2.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Ah you poor thing - I really feel for you - loosing a pet is just awful and what makes it worse is people saying " it was only a dog "

She was your pal and your pet and I'm sorry for you to have lost her :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry to hear about your loss OP, this is coming from someone who has lost a fair few dogs over the years. I hope you had fun and have some good memories to carry you through this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sorry for your troubles man, I've lost a few dogs over the years and I know how you feel. I started a thread here some time ago to remember our departed pets and you might like to put a photo of her there.:(
    Type in "Departed pets" in the search engine and it comes up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Very sorry to hear about Zoe OP. Don't let anybody put you down for being sad about her death, a pet is as much a part of the family as a human. Hope you and your girlfriend feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

RIP, Zoe, run free at the Rainbow Bridge.

I know how you feel, OP, it is never easy to let go....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Sorry to hear about your dog - its just amazing the way these little animals can give so much affection and become so attached to humans and visa versa.:o
    In contrast our cats will act nice when they want to be fed but then don't want to know you.:mad:

Hope you get a new dog soon - it will never replace Zoe but it will blunt the effects of your loss hopefully. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks for all the kind words folks,I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Sorry to hear about Zoe. They leave a huge empty space behind them when they go to the Bridge, dont they? You and your GF cry all you need to and feel sorry for anyone who says "it was only a dog".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Sorry for your loss my friend.
    Its not easy I know.
    RIP Zoe

b

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Sorry to hear about Zoe. It really sucks. All I can do is send some wishes your way that it'll get easier for you and your gf as time goes on.

Refrain from hitting people who say "what's your problem? She was just a dog". I know the urge is great.

Virtual huggles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very sorry for your sad lose. Sending hugs that you & your gf's pain eases over time.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

seing her picture, she's really a dear.sorry with your loss..the grief will go away and perhaps, you'd be considering having another pet again..cheer up!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Again thanks to everyone for the kind words and wishes,it's been a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I had to have 2 dogs put to sleep. The first one was about 8 years ago, I was about 9 and I cried for about 2 weeks before and after it, couldn't eat either. And I really hated everyone going "Ah, sure, it's only a dog, Jane." That really gets to me. When you love animals, a dog is much more than just a pet, it's a friend. I don't care if I sound sad, lol. I can't remember when the second one was. But it does break your heart when a pet dies. Hang in there.

*Aww she was a little cutie!!!

Advertisement