Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for modified cars

Options
  • 30-07-2006 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I'm just wondering how much it would cost to insure a modified and/or turbo car and who would do it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

which car what engine imported age of driver sex of driver location etc...

these are questions that are required for your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

www.quinn-direct.ie
    www.fbd.ie
    www.hibernian.ie

all have online forms to fill out and they give you an online qupte in minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

@elexes - well thats the answers I'd like to get from people. I'm just amazed how many people can afford to insure RX-7, Skylines, Silvias, Impreza, etc. I thought of making an insurance thread for modified cars just like the one on the motors forum.

@cjs
    Quinn- needs to ring them for a quote,
    FBD - doesnt insure performance cars
    Hibernian - havent tried it yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sent ya a pm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey I'm interested in this too.

My mate has an Evo 7 and is upgrading the Air intake, clutch, and a few other bits;) .
    Just when he rang his insurance crowd they said that they would not insure him anymore if he made the modifactions.
    Do you know of a company who defo will insure the car + mod's

I've heard of some insurers requiring an engineers report?

All help appricated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

[QUOTE='[V3]FBD - doesnt insure performance cars
    [/QUOTE]

yes they do

my altezza is insured with them they have no probloms with styling mods once ur not increasing the value of the car in there eyes

they told me that if i do upgrade any engine parts that they will have to re evaluate my car

but before i decided on the altezza they were getting ready to insure me on a evo 5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Im with fbd on a vtec civic.There site claims they dont quote them but i got a quote by calling into there offices with the logbook AND it was cheaper than anyone else on the car!

Advertisement