Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom new style linebox - where to buy

Options
  • 30-07-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I need to buy a new style linebox - the one where the customer can remove the front from the box which remains to the wall. Where can I buy one? Am in Mayo.

Also where can I find a wiring diagram?

Regards,

HPMan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

HPMan wrote:
    I need to buy a new style linebox - the one where the customer can remove the front from the box which remains to the wall. Where can I buy one? Am in Mayo.

Also where can I find a wiring diagram?

Regards,

HPMan

Do you mean the Krone 50 a there are two types one for indoor use and one for out door use.,.. (has 5no 5 pair krone blocks in it..)
    A good electrical wholesaler will have the indoor one or somethinfg simular.There is also a 30 a and a 20 a
    The size is decided by the size of wire coming in to your premisis.. any industrial building now is a minum 30 pair Houses start at two pair generally Eircom use the outside one on the pole and just a junction box in the house..
    What are you trying to do..?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HPMan

Johnny, thanks for reply. I dont know for sure if eircom supply a linebox that BT in the UK supply - where the main line comes in fixed and with a removable panel that the consumer can wire extenstions. The reason i thought i needed one was that a new extension is far away from the main linebox (old style - non removable panel) and i thought i needed one with storm protection - however, that is not the case as u can only have one in the system.

HPMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

HPMan wrote:
    Johnny, thanks for reply. I dont know for sure if eircom supply a linebox that BT in the UK supply - where the main line comes in fixed and with a removable panel that the consumer can wire extenstions. The reason i thought i needed one was that a new extension is far away from the main linebox (old style - non removable panel) and i thought i needed one with storm protection - however, that is not the case as u can only have one in the system.

HPMan
    well I dont know what bt use.. only Eircom...You can put gas capicitors in to the Krone strips I mentioned above , which will protect your phones from lightning (unless your hit directly) .. only really need that though if your wires are exposed for over two pole lengths.(overground Obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

HPMan wrote:

HPMan
    You can pay for them in a 3G shop. It would be called a main eircom socket or a master socket or suchlike. Or much better still, talk to any eircom engineer you know or if you see one pulled up on a road somewhere or at the local exchange. They should gladly give you one. An engineer even told me quickly how to wire them and all.

Those krone boxes are complete overkill for houses. And the surge protection in the main sockets don't even work anyway. I am speaking from experience. Nor do the little telecom surge protectors that can be bought. They don't protect against the very high voltages of lightning.

Advertisement