Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilmacanogue

• 30-07-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Using the 1mb package (35euro pm) from Regional Broadband in Kilmacanogue Co Wicklow. -- and testing at 0215hrs this morning - I get 138kbps download and 38.7kbos upload. At a contention ratio of 30 this seems very poor service for that ungodly hour. I use www.hosting365.com to test. Being doing so for past 2/3weeks and can only say I'm sorry I bought that webcam! Upload too slow to carry both speech and video most times. Perhaps I have a problem in my connection or equipment? I have line-of-sight with the transmitter I believe. Any other clients in Kilmacanogue care to comment? Perhaps we could compare tests. Would a 2mb package make much of a difference? Michael r

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭goldilocked

I'd also be interested in any replies..am considering using this service when it becomes available in Kilcoole. I'm wondering should I go with the V3 option instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭goldilocked

Any update on the status of your broadband connection Ronan?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

Any word on the level of service from the Broadband provider? Would like to sign up for it but I have heard that it is not very fast, and often slower than dial up.
    I wish Eircom would get the land lines sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

Thanks for that link Leaba!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

what I said in the link above. The service has been good with low pings and very little downtime. During periods of heavy usage you can have the throughput fall but it always remains within the limits of the contention ratio on my package - it does not come anywhere close to being as slow as dialup.

HTH

M.

Cheers Mr Man. Think I'll give it a try and order it. Hefty installation fee of E150 though, but hopefully I will not be waiting ages for pages to load as I currently am!

Will let you know how I get on...

Advertisement