Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Car Radio

Options
  • 30-07-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a bluetooth car radio instead of going to the bother of installing a seperate car kit or using one of those ugly, awkward alternatives (sunvisor kit etc). Does anyone have any experience with these? any recomendations?

I was looking at this
    Is there any reason this wouldn't work in my punto?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

From the looks of it, it should be fine. Cannt find any ref to the unit in google though.

Iv a Sony Ericson HCB-300 BT car kit, pice of piss to install, id go down taht route if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks,
    Why would you go for the car kit?

I was considering getting a new radio anyway, so I figured 2 birds with 1 stone type of thing.

I found this - more info about that radio btw.

Id be worried about the quality of that radio and the lack of info about it. if your thinking of buying a new stereo anyway its probaly worth your while, if not you could get a decent brand BT car kit for about €80 off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

I have this installed in my car. A bit expensive but it is a very good radio, plus the bluetooth handsfree works great! I have used it with Nokia's, Sony's and a Windows Mobile handset. All work perfectly.
    Comes complete with a remote and a microphone to hide in the dash.

Where you based Chalky? If ye want I can meet ye somewhere so ya can have a go.

S.

I was looking at the HCB-30.
    I use my iPod in my car and at the mo I'm using one of those FM transmitter things, but they pick up interference fairly easily so I was considering getting a new radio with an AUX in. My options are still open though.

@Shurl
    Thanks, If its not too much trouble. I'm based in Ashbourne.
    That looks like a really nice radio, a bit expensive as you said though.
    I like the fact that you can plug your iPod into it.

• Advertisement

Unless you were getting the HCB-30 very very cheap id get the HCB-300

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I use the HCB-700 and I can honestly say its superb. I got it professionally installed, and it cuts out the radio when a call comes through. The lcd display is dead handy also.

Aquos76 wrote:
    I use the HCB-700 and I can honestly say its superb. I got it professionally installed, and it cuts out the radio when a call comes through. The lcd display is dead handy also.

Ya had to go and do it ya bollix!!

I didnt know that existed and i thought my HCB-300 was the bees nutz, now I want one of those!!!

:mad: :D

Rew wrote:

I didnt know that existed and i thought my HCB-300 was the bees nutz, now I want one of those!!!

Sorry!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

Parrot Rhythm N' Blue ... check it out.. its THE bomb!

• Advertisement

Stevo11 wrote:
    Parrot Rhythm N' Blue ... check it out.. its THE bomb!

I assume this is what you are on about. Looks the business ok

best price I found back in May was
    € 231,50 from pdaplus.nl ... arrived promptly..

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

Maplins do a bluetooth headunit also:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48960&criteria=CD%20/%20Radio&doy=31m7

not sure how much it is maplins here(just off mary st in dublin).

rough guess from UK site should be around €180.

(although it doesnt have a connection for ipod etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Aquos76 wrote:

Do you know if that will work with all phones that support the Bluetooth SIM Access Profile or if it'll only work with SE phones?

chalky wrote:
    @Shurl
    Thanks, If its not too much trouble. I'm based in Ashbourne.
    That looks like a really nice radio, a bit expensive as you said though.
    I like the fact that you can plug your iPod into it.
    Hmm, I'm in Sandyford during the weekdays and Clontarf weeknights/weekend.

Ye might be a bit far from me :) . Are you closer to town at the weekends at all?

S.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I had the pioneer DEH-P70BT in my last car and I have to say I miss it :mad:

Proper good stereo and with the fact that you can load up a fone book and see people's name calling you was really handy.
    Quite easy to install too, took me about 45 mins (I think)

It is expensive but is well worth it, really good sound quality and plenty of pre out's if you were thinking of upgrading your system later.

I got mine off these guys Linky but they don't seem to have it anymore :(

dubstub wrote:
    Do you know if that will work with all phones that support the Bluetooth SIM Access Profile or if it'll only work with SE phones?

No idea sorry. I know I have a SE and thats perfect with it whereas the 6230i also works fine but does not allow phonbook access, which means it only displays the number rather that your phonebook entry.

mik_da_man wrote:
    I had the pioneer DEH-P70BT in my last car and I have to say I miss it :mad:

Proper good stereo and with the fact that you can load up a fone book and see people's name calling you was really handy.
    Quite easy to install too, took me about 45 mins (I think)

It is expensive but is well worth it, really good sound quality and plenty of pre out's if you were thinking of upgrading your system later.

I got mine off these guys Linky but they don't seem to have it anymore :(

They still have em in Besecure 2000 -> Linky "Limited Supply" though.

S.

Rew wrote:

I know how ye feel, I went to the Pioneer site to get the link for mine and saw they had a new version out.
    Credit card told me to keep dreaming though :D

I blame Chalky ;)

S.

shurl wrote:
    I know how ye feel, I went to the Pioneer site to get the link for mine and saw they had a new version out.
    Credit card told me to keep dreaming though :D

I blame Chalky ;)

S.
    Don't blame me for your woes :eek:
    I know how you feel though, my credit card is probably gonna be getting real angry with me - that pioneer is looking awfully tempting.
    So many choices though.
    I can make it into clontarf easily enough btw.

• Advertisement

chalky wrote:
    Don't blame me for your woes :eek:
    I know how you feel though, my credit card is probably gonna be getting real angry with me - that pioneer is looking awfully tempting.
    So many choices though.
    I can make it into clontarf easily enough btw.

:)
    Ah ye needn't come the whole way to Clontarf. I can meet ye closer if you want!

S.

Well you're doing me a favour, I don't really want to make you travel for it.

I was just looking at that Parrot Rhythm n' blue. It looks good, and slightly cheaper than the pioneer, but it doesn't seem to have any aux in port. If I'm going to get a new radio I want to be able to plug my iPod into it.

chalky wrote:
    Well you're doing me a favour, I don't really want to make you travel for it.

I was just looking at that Parrot Rhythm n' blue. It looks good, and slightly cheaper than the pioneer, but it doesn't seem to have any aux in port. If I'm going to get a new radio I want to be able to plug my iPod into it.
    Fair play, sure we can work something out.
    Yeah I got a AUX in to phono converter (€8 - I think) when I bought mine, I have my MP3 player in the glovebox hooked up to it. It's just audio out but it's fine.
    The Ipod adapter is cool alright, bloody expensive though!
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Go with the pioneer,they have a new cheaper model 55bt take a look at,its not as fancy looking as the 75 but does the same job.

I was looking at that one. Its still not very cheap though. Anyone know a good place to buy one of these?

www.pixmania.com is pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Advertisement