Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kiss chase

• 30-07-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok basically met a guy kissed a guy been texting a guy, he's quite shy which i actually find to be very sweet and endearing, as i'm very sociable and outgoing. the thing is we've been texting last couple of weeks, yet it seems to be me who's doing all the work, while i think he's great i don't want him to feel like im chasing him.

advice/opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Show him your boobs

or talk more seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ask him out for a bite to eat, drink or whatever it is that you do. Maybe then you can get a proper chat with him and it might give him more confidence being around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Maybe he doesn't like you? Might be too much of a niceguy to tell you to hit the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Ruu wrote:
    Ask him out for a bite to eat, drink or whatever it is that you do. Maybe then you can get a proper chat with him and it might give him more confidence being around you.

exactly, ask him out for a drink I think would be good. If he says no and doesnt suggest any other time then he would not be interested, if yes then go ahead

texting is great for breaking the ice and asking people out some where but it can only go so far sooner or later you need to meet face to face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yeah ask him out, he's probably just really shy as you said. I was like that, and needed my (now ex) girlfriend to make the first moves.

If you like him then persevere, and he'll open up eventually ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Asking someone out for lunch is becoming a big thing in the States, and does not appear as forward as drinks or dinner by a girl. You just need more time face-to-face and this might be a way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

If he is that shy, he may be waiting for yu to make tyhe first move.
    Texting is so addictive that you can forget there is a real person on the other end who may be waiting for a date :)

Why not ask him for lunch.. just as the others have said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

It was the same with my bf. In the end I asked him out, he said yes and the rest is history! He said he was glad I did because he didn't think he would ever have the bottle to ask me out because I'm so outgoing and he wasn't sure if I really like him or I was just being friendly. Go on....... ask him!

Advertisement