Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 website down AGAIN...

• 31-07-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

The new O2 website is a joke, it's gone down yet again this evening. "My O2 is currently un-available" (By the way, who's responsible for the copy, grammar, proof reading etc?!)

I know a website going down is usually no big deal. But pretty much the only reason I'm an O2 customer is for the webtexts because I send a lot of international and group texts. And the consistent lack of availability of the service is costing me €€€.

What's the story here boys? Are they having major teething problems? Are they trying to get us to stop using webtexts? Have they all gone off to Santa Ponsa for the weekend and left a monkey in charge?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated as always :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

One of the main reasons I switched from Vodafone to O2 was because I thought that the appalling state of their website was indicative of a generally very poor service. And now its happening again.
    But pretty much the only reason I'm an O2 customer is for the webtexts because I send a lot of international and group texts. And the consistent lack of availability of the service is costing me €€€.

You can use Skype to send international messages for, I think, 8cent. Still, you pay for O2 as a service so you should be able to use it, but maybe Skype is a solution in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

I called o2 about this issue. They said they had previously been having issues but that it was working fine for them now so there is no way I could be having issues and that they were probably problems with my own system.

If I wasn't so busy I would have pursued it further with a supervisor or something. But couldn't have been bothered at the time.

If somebody has time give them a call and see what joy you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

o2 isnt the only website that seems to have these problems, meteor's website has broken down for about the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 or 4 weeks and it always seems to be at weekends, which makes me wonder why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the one type of website you wouldn't expect to go down is the website of a telecommunications company. and the fact that all three of them go down all the feckin time makes me think its on purpose.

you'd think that they'd complain to their hosting company or move providers if their hosting crapped out every weekend. i certainly would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That site seems to have been trouble since it relaunced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭opus

Down again it seems :( Getting the error message below:

Virtual Host or Web Application Not Found

The web group /webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2PersonalisedHomepageCmd has not been defined

IBM WebSphere Application Server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

paul666 wrote:
    meteor's website has broken down for about the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 or 4 weeks and it always seems to be at weekends, which makes me wonder why!

I hear that. The meteor site has often had something wrong with it. And their new design is a disaster for slower connections. Way too many images used as placeholders. The only decent site up-time wise is the vodafone one imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pythia wrote:
    That site seems to have been trouble since it relaunced.
    A real PR disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Apparently it was a lot of server issues when they relaunched - they've been working a lot on it but it's still a state - although its been a bit more reliable the past week I thought.

Advertisement