Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my first adventure into css

Options
  • 31-07-2006 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

here we go, im doing a website for my aunt. i have an identical flash one, thats 100% working and almost working online. after the advice i recieved last week i went about on my exploration into css and i havn't drowned yet, the coding is a bit sloppy but im learning and thats what counts .css can get a bit confusing at times but over all i like it. css and png's are a match made in heaven.

anyway heres the like
    click here!
    let me know what ye think.

theres a bit of flash, but thats saved me time as the flash version and the html can share resources.

load times might be a little slower than normal, sorry.
    just blame freewebs.

ohh ya. i have this problem that when you make the browser window smaller by dragging it, and then scroll down the repeated background image starts messing up, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I like it. Very crisp, clean and zero tackyness.

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice and clean.

Incidentally, the menu consists of image rollovers right? When you rollover them there is a slight wait for the images to be downloaded as they will only be downloaded when you rollover them. To counter this you can (although I'm sure there are javascript solutions) create copies of the images somewhere on the page and hide them using css and/or make the images 1x1pixel so as to be practically unviewable. This way you won't get the slight wait when rolling over the menu items.

Advertisement