Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World's Most Pointless Animal

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

InFront wrote:
    Im talking about the panda of course. wtf!? It just sits there and breeds and eats. Does it even make a noise? This is one that has always puzzled me since childhood. It just doesnt do anything.

I'm actually shocked that you have this opinion. We are worlds apart because I believe that all life is equally important as the other. For example, an Amoeba has as much a right to life as you or I do. Even bacteria, although not animals, have rights to live too.

Try to have a nice day,
    Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

A space ship lands on Earth. The space travelers observe an infestation of over 6 billion creatures that make a lot of noise, pollute and overpopulate the planet, and kill, mistreat, and make war on their fellow creatures. These space travelers wonder what value these crude creatures have to the planet or the universe?:rolleyes:

Unless the space travellers are the ones from "Independence Day" or "Signs".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

peasant wrote:
    The Panda is neither a bear, nor a cat and not even an insect, it's a

FIAT

so off with this thread to the motors forum ...

know im a bit sad but i laughed my ass off at this, well done p!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

what about the sub species of goat that collapses and becomes rigid (sort of like a catatonic fit) when startled? from what I gather, it's supposedly some defence mechanism - appearing dead, but i would have thought it would have just made it easier for any potential predator.

Fainting goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Kevster wrote:
    I'm actually shocked that you have this opinion. We are worlds apart because I believe that all life is equally important as the other. For example, an Amoeba has as much a right to life as you or I do. Even bacteria, although not animals, have rights to live too.

Try to have a nice day,
    Kevin.

Kevster: Do you wash your face? Have you ever used a facial scrub? What do you think of the bacterial minutiae that exist therein? Does their right to life supercede your right to hygiene?

What matter it to an animal whether he is killed in the name of hygiene or sport? He suffers just the same.

Your argument is completely impractical.

However this thread is not intended to be taken seriously, it was not started here, where I know you all enjoy the company of animals and do not like to think of animals as 'pointless' so Im sorry it was moved here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

i think Infront could be voted the most useless mammal of all time!

this is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Think this thread might now be an example of a bad choice of where to move a thread to.... (no offense mods, you guys are too busy to be expected to find the perfect home for OT type threads like this)

This thread was not meant to suggest that any particular animal did not deserve to exist or should be wiped out, merely to examine people's viewpoint of what animal had the least visible greater purpose to it's existance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

farohar wrote:
    Think this thread might now be an example of a bad choice of where to move a thread to.... (no offense mods, you guys are too busy to be expected to find the perfect home for OT type threads like this)

This thread was not meant to suggest that any particular animal did not deserve to exist or should be wiped out, merely to examine people's viewpoint of what animal had the least visible greater purpose to it's existance.

I would agree with that sentiment ...especially since the very first sentence of the original post goes like this:
    Firstly, I didnt post this in the Animal forum because theyre all animal lovers and wouldnt attract the same diverse opinion as AH.
    I know that God made everything for a reason and wants us to enjoy the earth, and I dont think any animal is worthless. But there are some whose purpose is at best - baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

DaveMcG wrote:
    Daddy long-legs!
    YES!! :shuddder!: what possible purpose do they serve ffs?
    Those, midges / mosquitos, / fleas & ticks, all must be eliminated!

Everyone, quick before the hot weather goes, grab your fly swatters and lets go out all at once and kill the lot of em!!!

b

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

farohar wrote:
    (no offense mods, you guys are too busy to be expected to find the perfect home for OT type threads like this)

Nope its quite funny tbh.

And while we`re at it--Earwigs--the most pointless animal in the world--all they`re put here for is to frighten the s**t out of those who hate the thought of them taking lodgings in your ear.

Even the name makes me shudder.
    "Earwig"!!!!!!Uuuggghhhhh!!!:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hellrazer wrote:
    Nope its quite funny tbh.

And while we`re at it--Earwigs--the most pointless animal in the world--all they`re put here for is to frighten the s**t out of those who hate the thought of them taking lodgings in your ear.

Even the name makes me shudder.
    "Earwig"!!!!!!Uuuggghhhhh!!!:eek: :eek:
    Oh jesus you just brought back a horrible memory...

Years ago, I picked up the house phone... AND AN EARWIG ACTUALLY CAME OUT OF THE PART WHERE YOU PUT YOUR EAR!!!!!! Not a f*cking word of a lie, I nearly lost the plot!!!

I THOUGHT THE NAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IRONIC OR SOMETHIN!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

A space ship lands on Earth. The space travelers observe an infestation of over 6 billion creatures that make a lot of noise, pollute and overpopulate the planet, and kill, mistreat, and make war on their fellow creatures. These space travelers wonder what value these crude creatures have to the planet or the universe?:rolleyes:

Did that actually happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

joejoem wrote:
    Did that actually happen?
    Yes, it was broadcast about 10 years ago on Sky 1 under the name "V"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

InFront wrote:
    Kevster: Do you wash your face? Have you ever used a facial scrub? What do you think of the bacterial minutiae that exist therein? Does their right to life supercede your right to hygiene?

What matter it to an animal whether he is killed in the name of hygiene or sport? He suffers just the same.

Your argument is completely impractical.

However this thread is not intended to be taken seriously, it was not started here, where I know you all enjoy the company of animals and do not like to think of animals as 'pointless' so Im sorry it was moved here.

Heya, your post made me smile - That's a very hard thing to do :)

My right to hygiene currently supercedes their right to live. However, it is never on my conscience when I wash my face, chest, and indeed my scrotum that I am destroying thousands of micro-organisms. In what will appear to be a twisted form of logic I still hold these micro-organisms in extremeley high regard. Perhaps, next time when I am washing myself I will feel more remorseful.

Anyway, I'm aware that your thread was moved. It was a bit of a dumb thing to do to move it - I can still take the original joke about the bear though :)

Kevsteropilopidous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

People, the world would right itself without people at least animals, left to their actual jobs in nature kept the world ticking over before we came along to mess it up.

Pandas...cats? Where did you get that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Pandas are cats?

I'm pretty sure I learned in college that they're a kitchen utensil.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

DaveMcG wrote:
    Daddy long-legs!

Poor little guys, they (apparently) produce the deadliest poison in the world and they have no teeth. They just flutter around bashing into walls and windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Giant Pandas belong to the family Ursidae (bears).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

WASPS! Irritating little feckers, you just cant enjoy coke or cider in Jack Meades or Fota Island anymore because of them, little feckers have some nasty sting too. Those and Bluebottles, bloody disgusting and irritating little bastards. I honestly dont mind mossies and midges as much.

And of course, people havent exactly been making a good name for ourselves either, war, pollution, all in the name of greed and profiteering (and occasionally for democratic freedom i.e. WW2 and NOT Iraq) :rolleyes:

Advertisement