Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of this game???

Options
  • 31-07-2006 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok so deos anyone know the name of this game or anyone remember playing it?
    It was on the megadrive, and it was called something like Starship Troopers but i dont think that was it. Basically you year these fellas and you ran around shooting people and flying in spaceships. It had real cartoony graphics. You could get all these different pick ups to add onto your guns, and you could mix and combine the different add ons. Like you could combine the fire and lightening add ons and then you would shoot fire balls covered in lightening. Or there was an add on that let you steer your shots around the screen, so you could combine it with the fire one and stear a fire ball around the screen.

I think there was four characters you could pick, one was a girl that wore a pink unifrom and helmet, and I think there was a blue guy a green guy and a red guy. In one of the levels you have to fight a boss that wears a suit and is into card games or something like that, i think he flips a coin up and down. In another level you are fighting on a spaceship thats flying along after the girl in the pink uniform gets kidnapped.

Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated cause this has been wrecking my head for about 6 years. Thanks a million. Slipss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Sounds a little like Gunstar Heroes to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It sounds like that alright, I remember there being plenty of weapons. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

is it Metal Slug? because you fitted the perfect descritpion. It was cartoony, you got a flame weapon that went forwards a bit and then skywards. You fought massive robot tanks and ****. And it was a hell of a lot of fun to play! I found an arcade machine with it while on holliers in Portugal 2 years ago and it took most of my time and money, well worth it tho!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metal Slug my arse. It was definitely the stupidly good Gunstar Heroes. What a game, by far the best on the Megadrive and one of the best games ever. Anyone remember Seven Force, best boss ever :)

By the way there were only 2 characters you could pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Gunstar_heroes-lvl1.png
    That's gunstar heroes. Your game sounds like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Probably gunstar heroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Ahh yeah, thats the puppy, thanks cosgrove and everyone else.

Advertisement