Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Question

Options
  • 31-07-2006 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have an excel file that I want to export to an ingres database, which I've done successfully for the most part, but on the spreadsheet, there are comments which are being lost when I export the file. Does anyone know if it's possible to export the comments as well?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im not familiar with this particular database type but whereabouts were you hoping it would store the comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BA2703

I was hoping to create another column which would contain the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It really depends on how you're exporting to the database. Excel and VBA will allow you to access the comments in the spreadsheet so it is possible to write (or record) a macro what will migrate the comments into a comment column on the spreadsheet. Then you can export the data freely to the DB.

Thanks, but I'm no excel expert - I've never written macros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

• Advertisement

You sir, are a legend - Allen Wyatt's not bad either

Advertisement