Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fosters up to €3.10

Options
  • 31-07-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Scandal. They always slip in increases like this during the summer to minimise the amount of rioting. Completely screws up the beer : pool ratio. Always got 2 single euros in my change from a pint for the tables.
    Gutted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

€3.10!!! OMG someone call the feds!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

seamus wrote:
    €3.10!!! OMG someone call the feds!

:rolleyes:
    Good one?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

add to their fraudulent operation of the jukebox and you've really got a 'student' bar 'for students' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I am unhappy at this turn of events....I mean i don't drink Fosters or anything, but its just another thing in a long line of changes for the worse that the college seems to be making :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

wyndham wrote:
    Scandal. They always slip in increases like this during the summer to minimise the amount of rioting. Completely screws up the beer : pool ratio. Always got 2 single euros in my change from a pint for the tables.
    Gutted.

That's going to be fairly annoying alright...suppose if there is a winner stays on policy on the pool tables i should only need 1 euro really :)

I know it's not the point but 3.10 is still not that much for a pint! I just find it annoying that they rarely have decent offers on drinks, like in the English uni bars they tend to have nights where it's a pound a pint!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

p_larkin99 wrote:
    I know it's not the point but 3.10 is still not that much for a pint!

But it's Fosters like.... you'd be better of drinking your own piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What a fecking akward number. Roll on the Pav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yup, only good thing in trinners is cans out of the pav sittin on the cricket pitch on a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

maybe its just to fleece underage italians? 3.10 is such a cumbersome number, you know where you are with 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I wonder if they will try to screw us all on the first day of term in Sept - like they did on last day of last term - where i paid 2 different prices for a pint, both of them above the normal price. An absolute disgrace, and most probably illegal (had a look around but couldn't find the displayed price anywhere at the time to confirm the offence.)

• Advertisement

cast_iron wrote:
    I wonder if they will try to screw us all on the first day of term in Sept - like they did on last day of last term - where i paid 2 different prices for a pint, both of them above the normal price. An absolute disgrace, and most probably illegal (had a look around but couldn't find the displayed price anywhere at the time to confirm the offence.)
    That never happened to me in 3 years in the UCD bar and I've been there for many the first/last day of term/semester

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Spirits all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sangre wrote:
    That never happened to me in 3 years in the UCD bar and I've been there for many the first/last day of term/semester
    Nor had it happened to me before, in my more than 3 years here.

But last day of 05/06 year, in the Forum Club, Bulmers was at first €4.15, then an hour later €4.30. And the usual price all year was €4.00.
    Sadly i was sobre when i arrived, so i noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

This is such a serious issue and will have dire consequences for the student population of UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

cast_iron wrote:
    Nor had it happened to me before, in my more than 3 years here.

But last day of 05/06 year, in the Forum Club, Bulmers was at first €4.15, then an hour later €4.30. And the usual price all year was €4.00.
    Sadly i was sobre when i arrived, so i noticed.
    your first mistake was arriving sober.
    your second mistake was drinking bulmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

ahem i think you'll find that Bulmers is the drink of the gods;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:eek:

Bulmers = urine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

This is just bent and will mean I have alot more change in my pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

well on the bright side it might dissuade me from hitting fosters, nasty nasty shit, responsible for some of the worst hangovers of my life:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Surely you're the one that's responsible for the worst hangovers of your life..

And what is it about this country that if the next person isn't drinking the same as you then it must be piss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Umaro wrote:
    Surely you're the one that's responsible for the worst hangovers of your life..

And what is it about this country that if the next person isn't drinking the same as you then it must be piss?

Ah, I only wish I had your wisdom and insight. Fosters is a crap beer and crap beers generally produce worse hangovers, this may not be true for every crap beer but it is true for Fosters. I also have little doubt that Daves opinion on Bulmers has squat to do with that someone else is choosing a different drink than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ah I remember the days (irlrobins prob does too!) of 1 pound drinks every monday night in pegs and the days when ye olde student bar was the busiest bar in the country. But alas It just doesnt cater for culchies anymore and that is the big money spinner. No more aslan,saw doctors or mickey joe harte in the student bar.Now it just caters for hippies with dodgy elctronica nights or valentines balls and cambert quartet for the D4 brigade. Bring back the sawdoctors and big genertaor I say ..the stu bar need to go back to its roots and become culchified again

They could probably do with knocking the place down and building a new student bar. If only we had some sort of semi-enclosed outdoor drinking area, a la pavillion. That would be fantastic. I'd pay €3.10 happily if I could sit outside in the warm september sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mloc wrote:
    They could probably do with knocking the place down and building a new student bar. If only we had some sort of semi-enclosed outdoor drinking area, a la pavillion. That would be fantastic. I'd pay €3.10 happily if I could sit outside in the warm september sun.

Building a new student bar would be a waste of money.The student bar was at its best when it was a barn with those long picnic seats. Students dont need or want a fancy new student bar.I would really recommend to anyone on the bar commitee to bring back those long seats, they really made the bar a brilliant friendly place to be.Those little cafe bar style tables just have to go.They give it an insular atmosphere.
    Also bring back Christy...he was a ledge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

panda100 wrote:
    Ah I remember the days (irlrobins prob does too!) of 1 pound drinks every monday night in pegs and the days when ye olde student bar was the busiest bar in the country.

Do I just! I tell you guys (and gals) the bars on campus are dead compared to what they used to be like. I blame the boom in economy. More money means that the students are more picky about where they go. Back when I first started, Guinness made more money in the student bar than from any other bar in the world.

As for price of fosters, we used to have foster dollars. Buy a pint of fosters, get a dollar. Three dollars gets u a free pint. Nothing better than saving all the dollars and then having a free piss up. Them were the days!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i got the tail end of the good old days. i think the year i came was the first without the benches. sounded cool though!

seen as Fungus Hourihane's-inspired revamp didn't work, who exactly has the power to change things in the bar, ents or the manager?

dear god I can't stand half the music they play in the place. If it's not the same song over and over again (like Franz Ferdinand two years ago, or that horrible Paddy Casey song last year...), it's some irritating diddly-idle faux-traditional crap like Christy Moore.

I stand by it... knock the place down, and build somewhere with a bit of class that provides cheap sociable pre-drinking before a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

panda100 wrote:
    Building a new student bar would be a waste of money.The student bar was at its best when it was a barn with those long picnic seats. Students dont need or want a fancy new student bar.I would really recommend to anyone on the bar commitee to bring back those long seats, they really made the bar a brilliant friendly place to be.Those little cafe bar style tables just have to go.They give it an insular atmosphere.
    Also bring back Christy...he was a ledge!!
    I second this - bring back the barn! I'll never forget the shock I had when I walked in there on for the first time in 2nd year and saw that they had put orange seats in...orange for Gods sake!

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote:
    Do I just! I tell you guys (and gals) the bars on campus are dead compared to what they used to be like. I blame the boom in economy. More money means that the students are more picky about where they go.

I don't know about you but any I know won't drink in the student bar (or any bar) because its too dear. Hmmm €3 for a pint or 6 cans for €7 in a gaff/flat where you control music? Such a dilemma.

Advertisement