Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fosters up to €3.10

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

How does:

dealing with the cheap pints / cans issue (first and foremost)

review and if necessary junk the current seating layout

starting a representative and varied

more club-style nights with extensions, better lighting (very poor since the upgrade) and DJ's.

proper gig schedule with some great bands (like they had this year - well done!)

putting back in the permanent stage

ban the bar staff from messing with (effectively depriving people of cash) the jukebox, and turn on lockout on same song plays.

anyone know who can actually make a move on any/all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Ah the picnic tables. Great memories and far more sociable than the current set-up. Never forget the Iran Ireland game when Ireland qualified for the World Cup 2002. People were up on those tables and there was a near riot situation. It was a 2 o'clock kick-off and they had to close the bar afterwards for a while to let the situation calm down.

Can still remember the good old days when there was sawdust on the floor in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

drinking pints out of plastic cups is a complete travesty to begin with, you might as well drink out of a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

the best of good sense and yet i can never see it happening:confused:

but then the 'management' stall the cans idea wherever possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah because quite obviously we all love drinking out of bitten plastic cups - it's a real treat - haven't been to ucd until you've felt the lip of a well chewed plastic pint glass in teh stud bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Yeah because quite obviously we all love drinking out of bitten plastic cups - it's a real treat - haven't been to ucd until you've felt the lip of a well chewed plastic pint glass in teh stud bar.

The first time I went to the student bar the guy thought I was a lecturer or something and insisted that a glass "glass" was provided for me!! It helps being old sometimes!! :)

Anyhow, who in their right mind would want to drink Fosters? It is tasteless and has a bad effect on the stomach. If they offered me €3.10 to drink it I would defer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

who in their right mind would go to the student bar its tasteless and has a bad effect of the stomach. Its also chock full of knobbie badness ;)

yes but its ever so good for gettng durnk in. one can easily get drunk there and stuff - i do believe we love it afor randomness.

Grimes wrote:
    who in their right mind would go to the student bar its tasteless and has a bad effect of the stomach. Its also chock full of knobbie badness ;)

I like to watch people drinking Fosters and getting sick...

that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

wyndham wrote:
    Ah the picnic tables. Great memories and far more sociable than the current set-up. Never forget the Iran Ireland game when Ireland qualified for the World Cup 2002. People were up on those tables and there was a near riot situation. It was a 2 o'clock kick-off and they had to close the bar afterwards for a while to let the situation calm down.

Can still remember the good old days when there was sawdust on the floor in there.

That match still remains one of my best days ever in UCD.It really was like a mini-sadowa in there.
    I dont understand why they dont put the oicnic tables back.Everyone knows thet made the sudent bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

They should put a huge cricket pitch beside the Student Bar. That might make it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

They should put a huge cricket pitch beside the Student Bar. That might make it better.

Do you know what Hartigans is actually the perfect prototype to the perfect student bar. A bit of a whole,no fancy pancy seats and tables so no harm of wrecking the place and cheap and cheerful prices.

not when you count in 20000 students... i might draw up my ideal student bar if i get bored today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I actually like Fosters. Surely making the price €3.10 is going to be more hassle than having it at €3. Fosters is €3 in a good few other pubs, are they all changing too or is it just UCD?

panda100 wrote:
    Do you know what Hartigans is actually the perfect prototype to the perfect student bar. A bit of a whole,no fancy pancy seats and tables so no harm of wrecking the place and cheap and cheerful prices.

Ma Mulligan would disagree!!! And they don't have Fosters (I think....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah, good ole Ma Mulligan... A battleaxe if ever there was one. Her transparent deep-seated hatred of outsiders is a welcome change to the constant insincere amiability prevalent in this town...

Here's to Hartigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ah jayzus, i'm up to my tits in medical students who suggest we drink in Hartigans....just cause its near the terrace you think its the bees knees, where as actually its a ****-hole, run by a sexual deviant.

See now if we're going with pubs around there - i'd vote Houricans - maybe its just a rad thing but i rather appreciate its lovelyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

been there once, quite a nice place

• Advertisement
Advertisement